Philocalist

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
This story was requested by LoveInDecember9295

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Painter AU

Taehyung knew art when he saw one and the being that stood infront of him with a nimbly sculpted smile was a walking, talking, breathing piece of fine art. If he was not so engrossed with the way the male's doe eyes were shaped and how there were tiny splashes of glitter inside those brown eyes, then he would have asked if he could paint him.

"What would you like, sir?" The man asked with a bow and a polite smile, the name tag on his pastel green apron said Jin.

Taehyung was debating between making Seokjin sit in some corner so that he could appreciate his unreal beauty more attentively and buying the canvas that he urgently needed for the last piece that would be displayed in his exhibition in three days. His lips parted to voice out an answer when he tripped over some big paint cans and tumbled right into the handsome art supplier. Fortunately, there was a wall behind Jin and unfortunately, Taehyung only regained his balance when he placed his hands on the wall on either sides of a baffled Jin's head. Taehyung stared Seokjin's melted chocolates eyes and noticed how his cherry lips parted with his ears dusted with red.

Seokjin placed his hands on Taehyung's chest and kept them there for a few seconds as if his hands wanted to do something else rather than pushing the artist away. Taehyung felt Seokjin's hands move away and his eyes lower as he muttered, "Please, move, sir."

Taehyung thought of twenty three different ways of slapping himself as he moved away from the man and bowed several times as an apology. Seokjin chuckled awkwardly and dismissed what happened with a flick of his hand but clearly his red ears spoke another story. Taehyung felt mortified when Seokjin stood behind the counter instead of next to him; obviously he had scared the art supplier.

"So what would you like, sir?" Jin asked again with recovered enthusiasm.

"I was looking for a-" Taehyung paused in his sentence and gasped when something caught his eyes on the shelf behind Seokjin.

"It's that a Kolinsky Sable?!"

Jin nodded excitedly and turned around to take the brush set from the shelf. Taehyung noticed how his t shirt raised up to expose his lean waist when Jin lifted up his arms. He had to divert his eyes to the floor before Seokjin caught him drooling over him again.

Taehyung drawled a woah as he brushed his fingertips on the delicate bristles of the brushes. He had never thought to ever see a set of Kolinsky Sable brushes much less touch them. They were out of his budget and he would have to sell his dog to afford those brushes; Taehyung would never betray Yeontan.

"This is the only set here. We never have customers wanting to purchase them so they are more like decoration than a product," Jin explained as he watched Taehyung in amusement.

"What do you mean? This is every painter's dream! Or atleast mine," Taehyung said, his eyes still mesmerised by the delicacy of the brushes and his mind picturing scenarios were he would dip these brushes into paint.

"You like it?"

Taehyung snapped out of his trance at Jin's tone. There was something lying under that sweet voice of his, something that made Taehyung's body heat up.