38

Xingtian Sect was located in the northern territory and all its four seasons felt like winter. Xiao Yuan had just come from the warm Baihua Palace and for a while he was not used to it. He couldn’t help but think of the warm jade that Gu Louyin gave him. In hindsight, he shouldn’t have taken the nine-tone snail but taken the warm jade instead when he went down the mountain; at least he wouldn’t be freezing.

It snowed all day, freezing the earth. Plum blossoms were blooming in the courtyard, elegant and quiet in the wind and snow. Xiao Yuan was wearing snow-white fox fur, sitting under the porch, watching in boredom as Le’er swept the snow. The girl’s face was flushed with cold and she stopped from time to time, bringing her hands to her mouth and breathing on them.

Xiao Yuan regretted the warm jade again and said, “Leave it alone, I will do it.”

Le’er smiled and said, “I’m used to doing all these jobs. Young master will never be as fast as me.”

Xiao Yuan raised his eyebrows, “Who said that, you step aside.”

Xiao Yuan walked to the courtyard, knelt down on one knee in the snow, raised his right hand and glanced around. In fact, he was not sure in his heart. But his words were already spoken and he was in front of a girl. It would be too unmanly to retreat at this time.

Xiao Yuan was accumulating strength in his right hand, and Le’er saw strands of heat coming out of his hand. Then he suddenly inserted his hand into the snow.

The snow seemed to be burned by fire, melting at a speed visible to the naked eye, and it didn’t take long for a small area around Xiao Yuan to empty out. The snow turned into water that wetted his clothes.

Le’er was very enthusiastic and said excitedly: “Young master is amazing!”

Xiao Yuan forcibly decided that the blush on her face was her admiration for him. Seeing that she was happy, he was in a much better mood, his eyes smiling as he said, “Come, come, say it again, who’s faster, you or me?”

Le’er held the broom, shaking with laughter, and said, “But young master, the yard is so big, can you clear the rest of the snow?”

Xiao Yuan hesitated: “Ah, that…” He only had so much spiritual power altogether and he had to save it for a big event, could she not push him that hard?

Suddenly, the snow under the feet of the two swept outward like a tide, melting on the way. In the blink of an eye, the formerly snow-capped yard was restored to its original appearance, wet like after a heavy rain.

Le’er was stunned and amazed: “Young master, are you an immortal!”

Xiao Yuan looked at the man who appeared at the door and the smile in his eyes faded. “No, but your lord is.”

When Le’er turned her head and saw Xiao Du, her face paled with fright. She hurriedly saluted: “My Lord.”

In fact, Xiao Du didn’t look scary. He actually had a handsome and romantic appearance. If it weren’t for his moody and vicious temperament, his face alone would be able to attract many beauties to cling to him.

Xiao Du said, “Go bring the meal.”

Xiao Du was already practicing fasting and the last time he ate seriously was when Xiao Yuan personally cooked for him. Xiao Yuan said, “Do you want to eat here?”