5

CHAPTER 5

Xiao Yuan was stunned for a moment, not knowing what to do.

Meng Chi said Xiao Du was practicing swordsmanship with his younger brother, so wasn’t he supposed to not come back for the time being? If he heard Meng Chi’s conversation with him, Meng Chi would be punished. Xiao Yuan didn’t say a word and waited to see what would happen.

Meng Chi said calmly, “It was Master Xiao who took the initiative to find me and ask about the whereabouts of Gu Louyin’s Shixiong.”

Xiao Du said slowly: “Really.”

Meng Chi asked, relieved, “Why did the Venerable Lord suddenly come back, but the young venerable master…”

Xiao Du said, “I forgot something and came back to pick it up.”

Meng Chi: “What did Your Lordship forget?”

After this sentence was said, someone withdrew their spiritual power and Xiao Yuan couldn’t hear anything else. At this moment, he didn’t have time to ponder; his mind was full of Meng Chi’s words just now. He could have never imagined his pig-headed shidi would come to Xingtian Sect to find him and even take Xiao Du’s palm blow for him. If people who didn’t know what their relationship was heard about it, they’d probably think that they were fellow disciples who deeply cared for each other.

But in fact, as he said to Gu Louyin, he and his shidi were sick and tired of each other and they had always been at odds. Things similar to the sugar figurine happened many times. On the surface, Xiao Yuan cared about his shidi, not because he was generous but because [All Have] requested him to be a good brother who was kind to his shidi. If it weren’t for this, he suspected that he would have scattered the ashes of his shidi a long time ago.

Half a year ago, his Shizun took him to Xingtian Sect to meet his brother. Not only did his shidi not say goodbye to him, he even sneered at him, saying that since Xian Yuan had climbed the high branch, there was no need for him to come back. ‘Your house belongs to me and your bed belongs to me. If you want to come back, there is no place for you to live.’ Now Xiao Du didn’t recognize him as his younger brother but he hadn’t returned to his shimen. Wasn’t this what his shidi wanted? What was he doing?

Xian Yuan didn’t know where he went after he was injured, or how much he was injured… anyway, with such a foul temper he deserved to suffer.

Xiao Yuan put his shidi’s affairs out of his mind for the time being and prepared to go to bed to rest. Leaving him no choice, [All Have] popped out to teach him to do things again: “Go find Gu Louyin.”

Xiao Yuan took a deep breath; there were only three months left, he had to endure. He called the servants of the governor’s mansion and asked, “Where is the city’s coffin home?”

On the outskirts of Luling City, the grassland was overgrown, the mist was like a shroud and the silence was like death, with occasional sounds of crow wings flapping. The gate of the coffin home was open and there were two lights inside. The smell of incense in the coffin home was extremely heavy. Mixed with the smell of rotting corpses, it was really disgusting.

Gu Louyin was checking the three corpses, and Steward Wang of the governor’s mansion stood aside with his nose and mouth covered. Gu Louyin caught the slight sound of footsteps and clenched the hilt of his sword.

Xiao Yuan said, “Master Gu, it’s me.”

Gu Louyin relaxed his hand, “Why are you here?”

“I was worried about you. How is the situation?”

Gu Louyin stepped aside and motioned to Xiao Yuan to take a look.

Before approaching, Xiao Yuan drew a circle around his head with his fan. A bubble grew from the bottom up and was placed over his head. “Then you can’t smell it.”