6

CHAPTER 6

Meng Chi looked at Xiao Du’s profile and sighed silently.

The young lord had been looking forward to the Lantern Festival for a long time. In order to make him happy, Xingtian Sect, like ordinary people, hung lamps, prepared sticky rice dumplings and filled the mountain with a display of lanterns and fireworks. Everyone thought that the Venerable Lord would accompany the young lord for the first Lantern Festival after the reunion of the brothers. Who expected that the Venerable Lord would only accompany the young lord for dinner and then leave the Sect. The young lord made every effort to keep him. Xiao Du coaxed him gently, but after coaxing, he still went out and brought Meng Chi here.

Meng Chi and Xiao Du grew up together in Xingtian Sect, and she thought she could guess some of Xiao Du’s thoughts. Xiao Du might be a little concerned about Xiao Yuan but this concern was insignificant compared to certain facts and it did not change much.

However, no matter how beautiful the lanterns were and how delicious the dishes were, they couldn’t match the look of a great beauty in a state of ecstasy. Meng Chi curled her lips; she was also looking forward to it.

No one knew the power of Acacia Gu better than her. Even if Xiao Yuan and Gu Louyin lived in two separate rooms, once Acacia Gu attacked, either Xiao Yuan couldn’t help but go to Gu Louyin, or Gu Louyin would be attracted by the fragrance of love. A big event will happen tonight.

The two waited for a long time but there was no movement in either room. While Meng Chi was wondering, a girl carrying a lantern came to the door of Gu Louyin’s room and knocked.

Xiao Du smiled, “It’s so lively tonight.”

Meng Chi: “Lord?”

Xiao Du raised his hand and motioned to her to be quiet.

Meng Chi closed her mouth and waited to see what would happen.

Gu Louyin was in his room looking at the bronze mirror that he had brought back from Lady Tong’s house during the day. When he heard a knock, he got up and opened the door.

The visitor was an unfamiliar girl thirteen or fourteen years old, her expression flustered. When she saw Gu Louyin, she said, “Master Immortal, Master Immortal, something is wrong. Something happened in the mansion. Please, Master Immortal, come have a look!”

The girl was very anxious, pulling Gu Louyin to follow her.

“Don’t rush.” Gu Louyin raised his hand and the sword placed on the table flew into his palm. He made a few steps following the girl, then stopped abruptly.

The girl turned her head and urged him: “Master Immortal, let’s go, it’ll be too late if you don’t come!”

If something really happened in the mansion, the governor would definitely ask Xiao Yuan to come as well but now he was the only one called. It might be a fake incident with a true purpose to draw the tiger away from the mountain.

Gu Louyin’s expression remained unchanged, “Okay.”

There was no one around; he followed the girl along the corridor and stopped again.

“Master Immortal?”

Gu Louyin said calmly: “Who sent you here?”

The girl’s face turned pale and she stammered, “Yes, my lord asked me to come to Master Immortal…”

Gu Louyin didn’t want to embarrass a girl, so he cast a binding spell on her and said, “After a stick of incense, you can leave by yourself.”

When the girl found that she couldn’t move she was so frightened that she cried for mercy: “Steward Wang asked me to come! Don’t kill me, Master Immortal, please, I don’t know anything…”