26

Chapter 26

Xiao Yuan was startled. He clutched his glowing chest with one hand, and glanced at Xiao Du subconsciously. Xiao Du was holding another nine-tone snail in his hand, and spiritual power flowed from his fingertips like a river entering the sea, in a constant stream, but he never got a response.

Xiao Du stared at the nine-tone snail steadily, his expression was calm as a pool of water, as if he was used to it. But when he withdrew his spiritual power, some kind of almost morbid paranoia flashed in his eyes.

Just around the corner from him, Xiao Yuan did not panic nor did he hurry. Holding his breath, he turned around and left as if nothing had happened, and met Xiao Rong who came to find his brother.

Xiao Rong did not recognise Shen Fugui’s face, swept a glance at Xiao Yuan and brushed past him.

There was not a hint of difference in the way Xiao Yuan behaved. Xiao Du and Xiao Rong’s conversation came from behind him –

“What is gege doing here alone?”

Xiao Du smiled, “Looking for someone.”

Xiao Rong was confused: “Looking for someone?”

“En,“ Xiao Du casually put his arm around Xiao Rong’s slender waist, hugged him and whispered, “That little trick of his would only fool the likes of Mu Yingyang.”

As Xiao Rong was held by his brother, his body stiffened, and he showed a bit of fear. He knew very well that both Xiao Du’s heart and his gaze were not on him.

Xiao Du played with Xiao Rong’s hair carelessly, sounding like he was talking to himself: “Since I’m not dead, how can he be.”

Returning to his room, closing the door and the windows, Xiao Yuan took out the nine-tone snail earring and didn’t know what to do with it for a while.

There was a heart-protecting spell on the nine-tone snail that could save his life when he was in danger. At the same time, if the heart-protecting spell was really set by Xiao Du, holding the nine-tone snail would be equivalent to holding the demon lord’s life in his hands. If he accidentally exposed his identity in the future, this may be a bargaining chip for him to get out safely. It was with these two points in mind that he kept the nine-tone snail for two years.

But he didn’t expect that Xiao Du would bring Xiao Rong to Baihua Palace. He could no longer carry the nine-tone snail with him. Fortunately, the nine-tone snail couldn’t be activated without spiritual power. As long as he did not respond, Xiao Du would not be able to find him through the nine-tone snail.

Xiao Yuan took note of it and hid the nine-tone snail in a distant corner. No matter how bright it was, no one else would find it.

The next day, the flower viewing party officially began.

After breakfast, the cultivators, led by the disciples of Baihua Palace, went to Chaochun Tower to enjoy the flowers. It was Chang Lan who was in charge of leading Xiao Yuan and Gu Louyin. Without waiting for Xiao Yuan to ask, Chang Lan took the initiative to speak, “Several of my sisters and I searched for the whole night in the palace but we couldn’t find Miss Cai.”

Xiao Yuan was a little worried, “The flower viewing party has started and she hasn’t shown up yet. It seems that she really is in trouble.”