37

Meng Chi was so vague at first that Xiao Du thought the method to remove the Gu would be difficult, but it turned out that it was just a matter of exchanging hearts. He asked Meng Chi: “Are you certain you can do it?”

Meng Chi said cautiously: “Nine out of ten points, sure.”

Xiao Du was not satisfied, “And the final one point?”

“The process of exchanging hearts must rely on both participants’ spiritual power to stimulate their hearts.” Meng Chi said, “So for this matter to succeed, Xiao Yuan and the other person need to understand each other well and cooperate.”

“This is easy to do.” No one would be willing to give up their heart for no reason to exchange for a heart with Acacia Gu, but under the soul-possessing technique, one would be willing whether they wanted it or not.

Meng Chi said cautiously: “I understand what Your Lordship means but will Xiao Yuan agree?”

Xiao Du had always been a decisive person, but at this moment he didn’t dare to jump to conclusions. In the past, he didn’t have to consider the wishes of others. This kind of cautious, hesitant style was really not like him.

Xiao Du felt an inexplicable sense of frustration. He always looked down on people who were restrained when doing things. It was too much trouble to consider the feelings of other people when doing what he wanted to do, he had no patience to think about that. But since he encountered Xiao Yuan, he had uncontrollably become the kind of person he looked down upon. Two years ago, he noticed the first signs of the change in him and did not hesitate to push away the person who had changed him but did not carefully think about the real reason behind it.

He was afraid that from that time onwards, Xiao Yuan was already different from others in his heart. Yet, he stubbornly refused to recognize it and forced himself to cut off his special feelings for Xiao Yuan, arrogantly thinking that as long as he could be ruthless towards Xiao Yuan, he would still be who he was. Now Xiao Yuan turned out to be his closest relative but he was trying to get out of his grasp to the extent of hiding his identity. It was all his fault, his own self-inflicted retribution.

But anyways, when he finished dealing with his own retribution, he should be able to make Ah Yu, the only one he loved, stay with him willingly.

“Lord?”

Xiao Du regained his senses and said, “Just find a way to get him to agree.”

Meng Chi didn’t dare to ask more and added: “There is another thing, the so-called “golden core connected to the heart”. After the heart exchange, the golden core and true qi cultivation base will also be affected.”

Xiao Du raised his eyes slightly, “It means I’d better find him someone with an extremely high cultivation base?”

“Being able to find someone like that is naturally beneficial to Xiao Yuan, but…” Who knows who would be so unlucky to be picked by Xiao Du.

Xiao Du looked into the room, a trace of imperceptible joy in his eyes, “I see, go and get ready.”

Meng Chi hesitated for a moment and asked, “Your Lordship, did you tell him about Xiao Rong?”

Xiao Du frowned, “Not yet.”

“Is Your Lordship not going to say anything?” Meng Chi sighed helplessly, “No matter what, you should apologize to him.”