27

Before Xiao Yuan remembered where he had heard the name, two doors on the left and the right opened at the same time. Mu Yingyang and Gu Louyin walked out, obviously hearing the movement outside to see what happened.

Mu Yingyang’s face was gloomy as he said, “There is a lot of noise in the middle of the night, are people not allowed to rest?”

Chang Lan said, “Something happened suddenly, I hope Master Mu will forgive me.”

Gu Louyin asked, “What’s the matter?”

Chang Lan repeated what she had just said. “Palace Master has personally gone to Xiyuan, so can the two young masters also go and have a look.”

Hearing the words ‘withered bones’, Gu Louyin was also stunned. He quietly clenched the sheath of his sword and said, “Let’s go.”

Mu Yingyang watched the three of them leave and raised his eyebrows with interest.

When Xiao Yuan and Gu Louyin arrived at Xiyuan, Lu Yueyao’s room was full of people, most of whom were disciples of Yunjian Pavilion dressed in white. There were a few people who looked familiar to Xiao Yuan; he probably had shared his grilled fish with them once. There were several disciples from Baihua Palace surrounding the bed, treating Lu Yueyao.

As soon as the two arrived, everyone’s eyes turned to them. Xiao Yuan vaguely felt déjà vu and finally remembered where he had heard the words ‘withered bones’ – the scene was also the same as the night when Lin Wulian was poisoned two years ago, except that the location was changed to Baihua Palace and the poisoned person was changed to Lu Yueyao. However, wearing the face of the Young Master of Xuanle Sect, he would not become the target of the crowd. The attitude of the disciples of Yunjian Pavilion towards him was very different from the original.

“Shidi, Young Master Shen.” A decent-looking man greeted him. Xiao Yuan remembered that this man was the eldest Shixiong of Gu Louyin and the others and his name was Jiang Liuyuan. Jiang Liuyuan had mediocre qualifications and was not valued in Yunjian Pavilion, but he had been in the sect the longest and often took care of the affairs of the pavilion. He had a strong character and was well liked by his younger fellow disciples.

Gu Louyin said, “How did Lu Yueyao get poisoned?”

Jiang Liuyuan shook his head and said, “At the end of the flower viewing party today she was fine and she also had dinner with other female cultivators in the evening. As a result, in the middle of the night, she suddenly vomited blood and rolled on the ground in pain, disturbing the female cultivator who lived next door. That’s how we learned about it.”

Gu Louyin asked, “Are you sure it is withered bones?”

Among the disciples of Yunjian Pavilion, no one knew about withered bones. Jiang Liuyuan’s expression was heavy as he said, “People from Baihua Palace said so, so it can’t be wrong.”

Xiao Yuan curled his lips silently. Withered bones was not a common poison. Did the killer do it deliberately, or was it just a coincidence?

Gu Louyin said, “There is only one antidote to withered bones –”

“Serpentine beauty.” Lu Liluan came floating, and Han Mu, a medical practitioner from Yunjian Pavilion, came with her.