CHAPTER 14: VALUABLE INFORMATION

Hi, my name is Alaster. Right now, we are with Zerav heading to the Hargash Volcano. While we were on our way there, suddenly a demonic leader appeared. The demon's name is Elite Hell Creaper. The devil attacked us with a lot of fireballs. We tried to avoid it and almost succeeded.

"A demon has appeared!" said Louisa.
"That's Elite Hell Creeper!" Zerav said.
"Apparently, they want to attack us! Dodging!" I said.

I continued to use the Earth Break move and Edna used the Blazing Field move. At the same time, Louisa uses the Arrow Rain move and Zerav uses the Soul Oblivion move. At first, all our moves were ineffective. So, we kept going by using the same moves over and over again and we finally managed to defeat the demon.

"It's just a little bit before we get hit by the attack," said Louisa.
"Edna, help me!" I said.
"All right!" said Edna and we attacked the devil.
"Feel this! Earth Break! Blazing Field!" Edna and I attacked the devil.
"It's our turn!" said Louisa.
"Feel this! Arrow Rain! Soul Oblivion!" Louisa and Zerav attacked the demon as well.
"Unsuccessful?!" said Edna.
"We attack him again!" I said then we attacked the devil many times and we managed to defeat the devil.

After we managed to defeat the demon, I could feel that the demon was getting stronger as we got closer to the volcano. Shortly after, Louisa asked Zerav about the ceremony. Zerav continued to mention Blood Eclipse. Edna did not know about the eclipse. Louisa explained to Edna about the eclipse.

"The closer we are to the volcano, the stronger the demons we find," I said.
"Yes. Hey, Zerav. Isn't it time to tell us about the ceremony?" said Louisa.
"Where do you want to start... Oh yes, Blood Eclipse," said Zerav.
"What is that?" said Edna.
"From what I read, it's a natural phenomenon that only happens once in decades. A situation where the color of the moon becomes blood red," said Louisa.

Then, Zerav said that it was that time where the two worlds connected and for centuries the demons wanted to break the barrier. Zerav proceeded to tell us the true meaning of the eclipse. That had happened once before the Alliance was formed. I was surprised because I had never seen it in any previous data on devil's arch. Zerav also said that to open the small gate required a very strong amount of demonic power.

"People like you see it as nothing more than a rare phenomenon. But, that's the only time where these two worlds are slightly connected. For centuries, demons have been trying to break the barrier between the two worlds. After facing many guesses and sacrifices, we finally managed to make the first crossing," said Zerav.
"And it happened a hundred years ago before the Alliance was formed. So, the next Blood Eclipse will happen in 3 days?" said Louisa.
"For a moment, just once in decades? But, there is no record of the Devil's Gate event since that event," I said.
"Didn't I mention sacrifice? To open even a small gate requires an enormous amount of demonic power. Do you all remember that we are willing to sacrifice ourselves like that? No sane person is willing to die for that ceremony," said Zerav.

Zerav also had something to say about the catalyst. Louisa was surprised to hear this and Zerav explained everything. Edna also said that why do they have to choose her younger brother because there are many other witches. I also said something to Edna. I also gave encouragement to Edna to keep trying. My goal also remained the same from the beginning. Zerav told me to get ready as he wasn't at full strength yet.

"If I hadn't succeeded in entering the human world in that first crossing, I would have died by now... as a catalyst," said Zerav.
"A catalyst?! So, they need Edna just to take her power for another crossing?" said Louisa.
"Yes. For some reason, the half-breed humans you call wizards have demonic powers that are comparable to pure demons like us. By using them as a catalyst, the demonic world no longer needs to sacrifice their powerful army," said Zerav.
"Oh it's like that. So, that's why the devils do Ceremonies from this world," said Louisa.
"But why Aiden? Aren't there many other wizards out there?" said Edna.
"I've said it before. I'm not interested in the ceremony. So, I don't even know what they were thinking. I don't want to go back to my old world either," said Zerav.
"You already know. Supposedly, male wizards cannot exist. So, he must have something they need," I said.
"But...," said Edna.
"Don't give up. We can still save your brother. My goal is the same. I will kill you when the time comes," I said.
"You have to prepare a lot for that. Before this, I didn't even use my full strength," said Zerav.