Hunter and Tina said their goodbyes after making sure I was alright. Wes offered to take Lyric and the twins home and my mother agreed. At this point, only her and Aria were left. My mom had gone to go get something to drink, leaving just Aria and I in the room.

"Aria, where's Lauren?" I said as soon as the door shut. She looked at me and sighed, taking a seat in the chair beside my bed.

"She's in the building, but she said she doesn't want to cause any trouble with your mom, so I've been updating her on everything while she stays down there."

Immediately, I felt uneasy knots in my stomach. I shook my head before speaking softly,

"How is she?" Aria did nothing but hang her head with closed eyes and it told me everything I needed to know.

"She wasn't too good when I last saw her some hours ago. But she's glad you're okay and she said to tell you she loves you."

My heart sunk at her words. The feeling coursing through me was indescribable and all I wanted right now was my girlfriend in this room. I didn't care about anything else.

"Will you bring her here, A?" She looked at me hesitantly. I closed my eyes, "please Aria."

"But your mom-"

"I'll find a way to get rid of her or something. I don't really care what my mother thinks. Just bring her here."

Aria stood with a nod and headed for the door. Five minutes after she left, my mother entered, making me sigh and internally roll my eyes.

"Mom," I spoke before she could get too comfortable. "I'm fine here, you can head home and reset, I know y'all have been here all day."

"Sade no, I don't want to leave you here alone, I-"

"I won't be alone, Aria will be here with me." She looked at me with a frown and I almost felt bad for pushing her way. Then I remembered the look of disgust she'd give me once I introduced Lauren to her as my girlfriend. Suddenly, I didn't feel bad anymore. "I'm fine mom, really," I urged.

With a defeated sigh, my mother packed her things and left the hospital room. I rested my head back against the inclined mattress and shut my eyes in relief.

A good two minutes later, the door opened again, slowly this time. Feeling sleep creep in, my eyes fluttered open.

My face lit up instantly the moment she walked through the door.

"Hi," I whispered with a soft smile. She mirrored my expression, hers a bit sadder though,

"Hi..."

Lauren could barely get it out before her lip began to quiver and she covered her face with both hands, turning away.

"Hey, hey. Come here Honeybee, it's okay."

She walked over to me slowly, trying to wipe her face and get herself together. I took her hands down, holding them in mine and pulled her in the bed with me. It hurt a little, but I didn't care. I urged her to lay her head on my chest as she hugged up to my side and sniffled softly. Stroking her hair and holding her with my free arm the best I could, I kissed her forehead.

"I'm okay baby, I promise," I whispered.

Lauren shifted to look up at me, tears in her eyes as they drooped with anxiety. She reached a hand up to cup my cheek.

"You scared me Emerald."

I poked my lip out a bit before leaning down to peck her soft lips, then her wet cheek.

"I know love, I'm sorry."

She kissed me again before resting her head back on my chest. Just then, Aria walked back in after a while with some takeout and smiled, seeing the two of us. She sat it on the table and took everything out of the bag.