Chapter 26

F/N's P.O.V.
Test results...

I was feeling tense when the pros handed out the papers and showed the board those who passed. I looked at my paper and got an 85 score, and as I saw my name on the board, my heart wanted to leap out of my chest... I passed!

"F/N-chan! Did you pass?" Midoriya came running towards me.
"I... I did!" I said with a big smile.
"We both passed!" Midoriya showed me his paper and I saw his name on the board too.

But my excitement quickly died out when I saw Todoroki still looking for his name on the board. I was trying to find it too, but I didn't see it.

Does this mean... Did he fail?

Because of what happened in the test against Gang Orca, and dealing with whatever grudge Yoarashi is holding against him, he lost his chance 2 getting his license.

He looked at me with disappointed eyes I didn't look back at him. If only we'd stuck together like the original plan, none of this would've happened.

Not only that, but it looks like Bakugo even failed. He acted like a villain in the exam, so it makes sense why they would allow him to pass.

"...For those who failed, we are offering a chance to redeem yourselves. After you attend a three-month-long special course and pass an individual test, we plan to issue your provisional license to those of you who failed as well." They announced.

This is a second chance for those who failed, even Shoto. I just hope he can pass the next time.

In the dorm rooms...

I got changed and walked to the living room to see everyone hyped about getting their license. I couldn't see Midoriya or Bakugo anywhere. I wonder where they are.

"F/N-chan! Hey, congrats on getting your license!" Mina said cheering for me.
"Thanks! Congrats to you too! You deserve it, Mina-chan!" I respond.
"Too bad you and Todoroki-kun couldn't get the license together..." Sero adds. I looked down with disappointment.
"Sero! Not helping!" Momo scolded, "Listen, I'm sure he'll get it as soon as possible, then you two can work together as heroes!"
"...I hope so." I then yawned and stretched, "Anyways, I think I'm going to bed. I'm tired."
"Ok! Sleep well!"

As I walked, I see Todoroki in the corner looking out at the window and approached him.
"F/N-chan... I can explain-"
"Explain what, Shoto? The fact that you broke your promise to do this together?" He saw I was upset.
"I didn't think this was gonna happen... I thought my quirk could hurt anyone in a big group."
"And despite that, you still left!? Shoto, you get the hang of your quirk, I don't understand what you're so afraid of!"

We were quiet until I dismissed him. "...We'll talk another day. I'm tired."

And with that I stormed off to my room and lay on my bed. I slowly closed my eyes and slept, not without thinking about something. "...Was I too hard on him?"

I open my eyes to hear myself running in a black void and panting while holding a small hand covered in bandages. I could hear a little girl panting for breath just like me. My heartbeats were loud and deafening, as well as our footsteps.

"..Keep running! ...Don't stop!" I exclaimed as I looked behind me to see a man slowly walking towards us.
"There's nowhere to run, little girl..." He menacingly whispered.
"...Don't let go! Don't let him take me!" The little girl said.

Her cries then got switched into my voice as I no longer held her hand. I looked in front of me to see me and papa running away from a silhouette behind us.
"...Don't let her take me!" My small voice resonates.
"...Don't look back, little F/N..!" Papa's voice echoed.