Chapter 16

F/N's P.O.V

The pros managed to call an ambulance after Stain was taken to the police, and get us medical help and some sleep. I got a couple of injuries on me but I know I'll be fine. Each of us sat on different beds while wearing patient clothings and completely bandaged up.

I was constantly falling asleep and waking up, while tossing and turning in my bed. I just decided to not sleep in the end as I sat up.

"Did you sleep, Midoriya-kun?" I hear Todoroki say.
"No, not really." He responds.
"I figured."
"...Same here. I.. *yawn* didn't really catch enough sleep, couldn't stop thinking about what happened..." I said drowsy and rubbing my eye.
"Thinking about that fight now, he did something pretty amazing," Midoriya continues, "With my leg messed up, I was an easy target, he probably could've killed me if he wanted to."
"Same with me. He had a clear shot when I was at a disadvantage, he could've targeted me when I was vulnerable." I pointed out.
"Yeah. Seems to me that he let us three live on purpose." Todoroki adds, "I'm impressed by you though, Iida. He was actually trying to murder you, but you stood tall."
Iida just had his head down again. "I was..."

"Oh, looks like they're awake," Gran Torino came to our room along with someone else.
"Gran Torino!" Midoriya said
"...And Manuel too" Iida noticed. I'm guessing he was with him while his internship.
"Baka! I could yell at you for hours." He said with a scowl at Midoriya. He lets a small sorry before Gran Torino adds, "Before I do, you have a visitor."

We look to the door and saw a tall man with a dog shaped head approaching us. "This is Hosu's chief of police, Kenji Surigami."
We stood from our beds but he told us other wise, "No please, stay seated. Woof."
"Woof..?" I thought to myself trying not to seem so shocked.
"So, you're the UA students who took down the hero killer..." He said as we nod, "Stain had some serious injuries and is receiving treatment under strict guard. Since you're UA students, I'm sure you already know that when superpowers were still becoming the norm, the police attached high importance to leadership and standards and made sure quirks weren't used as weapons. And then the professional of 'hero' emerged to fill the gap. For an individual's use of force and power that can easily kill others--actions thwt normally would be appropriate to denounce--to be accepted officially, is thanks to the early heroes who followed the ethics and rules of the profession. Even up against the hero killer, for uncertified individuals to cause injury with their quirks without specific instructions from their guardians or supervisor is a clear violation of the rules."

I see everyone's expressions as we kept listening.

"The four of you, and the pro heroes Endeavor, Manual, and Gran Torino must receive strict punishment."

Todoroki then softly growls then snaps while standing up, "Now wait just a minute! If Iida had not stepped in, Native would've been killed! And if Midoriya haven't come, both of them would've died!"
"Calm down Todoroki..." Midoriya said nervously.
"No one that the hero killer was in Hosu. Are you saying that we should've followed the rules and watched people die?!"
"W-w-wait!"
"Are you saying that as long as it turns out all right, it's okay to bend the rules?" Surigami said. I always thought about that when I was starting to train to be a hero, and I did say something like that a while back.
Todoroki wasn't having any of it, now I'm scared of how far his patience can get to. "Isn't it a hero's job to save people?!"
"That's why you are not a full-fledged hero yet. Goodness, what are you being taught by UA and Endeavor?"
"You dog!"
As he steps forward, I sprung up from my bed and grabbed his arm firmly and shaking, making me whinced slightly. "Todoroki-san, please calm down! Let's at least hear what else he has to say!"

He saw my eyes pleading for him to stop as he did so and relaxed his hand on mine, I never let go his hand as the chief kept speaking.

"...That was the official opinion of the police," The chief clarified, "And the punishment and such would only happen if we were in public. On the other hand, this is a bit underhanded, but if it was not made in public the burn scars would support Endeavor being the hero who saved the day and it wouldmend there."
"So, you're saying that a pro would take the credit even if we were the ones who actually defeated the villain?" I asked raising my hand before speaking.
"Correct. Thankfully, there were very few witnesses. The violation could be crushed here. But this would also mean no one knows about your good judgement or achievements. Personally, I don't want to be the one to find fault with promising young ones because of one big mistake."