Chapter 17

F/N's P.O.V

It was now foundational hero study time and we prepared to go outside in our hero costume to hear what All Might has to for us today. Hopefully it's something a bit easy. "Right on the heels of all your workplace experiences, this time we'll mix in an element of play! We'll be doing a rescue training!"
"If it's a rescue training, shouldn't we be doing this at the USJ?" I hear Iida ask.
"No. That place is for disaster rescue." He replies, "Anyways, this place is a playground Gamma! Where densely packed lanes makes this construction site seem more like a complex labyrinth. Now! Please make groups of 5! And since this class in uneven, one will be a group of 6. "

I was in the group with Midoriya-kun, Sero, Ojiro, Mina-chan, and Iida-kun. Before we started, I bumped into Ochako-chan to see if she can let me copy her quirk. She agreed to it without questions and I was now ready to go.

"We'll do the training one group at a time! When I gove out the distress signal somewhere in the area, you all start simultaneously from outside! This is a competition to see who can come to my aid first!" I began to feel more confident as we step forward to the starting line.

All Might got in the middle and in position. Now all we gotta do is find him in this labyrinth. I used Ochako-chan's quirk to make my shoes lightweight and turned on my heat vision to find him. "START!!" All Might announced, I instinctively started running and jumping like I'm on the moon. I'm using a combination of my normal speed, zero-gravity and telekinesis at once to go faster.

I went from tubes and rooftops without stopping, I spot a tall figure in the distance with the heat vision. "Target spotted!" I mumbled to myself.

In the corner of my eye I see Midoriya-kun flashing out of nowhere going so fast and ahead of me. I was surprised like some of the others I went passed them, I just kept running as I kept pushing myself to run faster. But Midoriya-kun's footing failed as he slipped from one rail. I felt a bit selfish when I kept going. I was an inch away from All Might but Sero was just before me.

"AND IT'S OVER!" All Might announced. Guess I got here second. "Congratulations!"
"Alright! That was kinda cutting it close though F/N-san!" Sero comments.
"Hah... Yeah! Congrats Sero!" I huffed trying to get some air.
Everyone else made it too, even Midoriya-kun.

"You ok?" I asked him.
"I'm...ok..." His muffled voice to the ground responds.
"Um, you did good."
"You too!" He said still on the ground with a thumbs up as I helped him back up.

After the race, I noticed All Might giving Midoriya a thumbs up and said something to him before he whispered something in my ear. "You're doing great too, young F/N. You've mastered your quirk well already. Keep it up!"
"I will!" I smiled widely as I left.

After class...

Today, school felt like it was gonna take forever. I was beginning to grow more anxious for the afternoon eavh minute, but hopefully I can use up all my energy on personal training right now. As I got changed and was on my way, Midoriya-kun was walking to my direction after his meeting with All Might.

"Hey Midoriya-kun!" I greeted.
"Hi F/N-chan! Where you off to?"
"I was just asking for Aizawa sensei's permission to train. He said that I had until 5pm."
"Oh, mind if I come with you? I've been meaning to ask you if I could write about you and your quirk in my notes... If you're ok with it..." He sounded shy in the end there, but I responded with the biggest smile on my face.
"YES YES YES! I WOULD LOVE THAT! COME ON!" I tugged his arm as we ran to the training grounds.

During some training, Midoriya-kun was carefully observed and wrote some notes down about my Copy n Save quirk. I did feel some changes in me when I used too many combined quirks at once, even with my limit. I was just practicing on a punching bag when Midoriya-kun started a conversation.