they soon left, and isabella ignored gaius and merlin asking her what was wrong as she only had one thing on her mind.

kilgharrah.

she went the same way she did when merlin took her for the first time, sneaking past the guards and going down the the caves. "hello?" she called out, the dragon nowhere to be seen.

"kilgharrah?" she called out again as the ground began to shake and the dragon flew down to sit in front of her on a rock. she smiled lightly, bowing her head as a sign of respect as he did the same.

"what brings you here, little one?" he asked curiously as she looked up at him nervously.

"well...i found this. i don't know what it is or...why i found it." she began as she lifted the stone up to show him, it shining brightly again as she touched it.

his eyes widened as he stared at the stone in her hands. for the first time, in a very long time. kilgharrah was speechless.

"do you know what this is? and why i feel so... connected with it?" she asked curiously, ignoring the feeling she had in her hands when holding the stone.

"have you ever heard of an agate?" the great dragon asked her as she nodded slowly.

"it's a stone like crystal, isn't it? it was supposedly magical and had healing powers." she said, she remembered reading about it once, and always been so drawn to it.

the great dragon smiled, and nodded. "and you must know that only one person in the entire land will ever be able to use it." he began as she listened curiously.

"so, why have i found this stone?" she asked, not caring as to why he was talking about an agate, and wanting to know what the stone in her hand was.

he began to laugh quietly, shaking his head in amusement as she frowned. "what is so funny?"

"has no one ever told you about your destiny and who you are?" he asked with an amused smile.

"why have i got a destiny? i thought i was simply meant to rule with arthur and have merlin protect us." she asked, slightly confused and tired of all these questions and no answers.

"you are agate." he said sinply as she raised a brow.

"so, now you are calling me a stone?" she asked, impatient and slightly offended.

"do you wish to know the reason why you are so drawn to the stone in your palm?" he asked as she nodded hurriedly.

"that is why i came here, sir. please do tell me."

he smiled lightly at her words. "that stone is agate." he began as she widened her eyes in shock. "you, isabella valour, are agate. i am surprised you have found it so soon." he said as she froze slightly.

"so...the one person who has the power to use this stone...is me?" she asked slowly, confusion and disbelief washing over her.

kilgharrah smiled, and nodded at her. "is that why the druid boy, mordred, called me agate when i saw him for the final time?" she asked, tilting her head as the dragon raised his head.

"that is correct. there is much written about you that you have yet to discover." he began as she raised her brows in interest.