01

Editor of mood boards: @renad_almughairi on insta, thank you so much
____________________________________

Editor of mood boards: @renad_almughairi on insta, thank you so much____________________________________

Home, a place where you safe and surrounded by the people you love.

I remember the times when I got home from school and walked inside the door smelling the good cooked home meal, and the laughter between my family members.

It was filled with love and admiration, and I never wanted to be away from them.

Now I can't wait.

Six years ago was when everything changed, and my whole life was torn down.

I lost everyone and everything. In only a matter of weeks, it all changed from bad to horrible. And I was all alone.

I can't keep the voices out of my head. I should've been the one to be gone.

It's draining me slowly and I don't know how long I will be able to keep going.

The darkness creeps inside my room, the room I have spent my entire childhood in. Where memories should lay, but all that is left now are the demons waiting to attack me in my dreams.

I haven't felt safe in god knows how long, I don't feel safe in my own home. Though i recall to call this place home. It is simply a house I live in and spend my time. To have some sort of feeling of safety I have a lock on the door, outspired and not usable anymore. But not even a lock can save me it only makes more nightmares.

Right now I lay in the middle of my bed thinking of nothing, only that I miss my old life. My friends and family.

The grey walls that used to be full of colors and posters hanged up is now filled with nothing but holes. Holes where my memories used to be.

The door to my bathroom almost not holding up, everything is soon falling apart. Piece by piece. My desk that only contains space to school, or when he wants to play nice.

The only sound I can hear is the raindrops hitting the surface of my window, letting the moonlight flow through and being the only source of light in the darkness.

I think it's almost 3 in the morning, I can't remember how long I've laid here, unmoving.

I don't dare to close my eyes, partly because of what will be there when I wake up but also because of what is haunting me.

I have work in 5 hours, the only place I can really get away from my supposed home.

Feeling the tiredness staring to hit me, and the urge to close my eyes increases. Darkness wells up and I am once again gone.

__________

The slamming of my bedroom door breaks me from my sleep, and the presence of my loving father invades. The look on his face terrifies me and I know what awaits. My heart rate goes up and the pain only gets worse in my chest. I try to move away as he comes closer but I am frozen, frozen in place and I have nowhere to go...