An Original Kind of Rescue

Elena’s P.O.V

“I have to say that you guys sure know how to party.” I say, sarcastically as I sit on the couch. Elijah had apparently called and is close. I don’t want him to hurt them now. I’ve heard their story, and they really don’t deserve it at all. All they’re trying to do now is to get themselves out of a mess, Katherine put them in.

“Good job this isn’t one then.” Rose said, sitting on a window sill, perfectly safe from the sun because of the boarded up windows.

“I know how much you hate Katherine-” I start.

“Hate isn’t a strong enough word to describe how I feel about Katerina Petrova.”

“Yet, I know how she truly regrets putting you both into this situation. Which is why I’m not going to do the same, because I want you to be able to stop running, and to be safe from Klaus.” I say, staring straight at her, as she turned and looked at me in complete disbelief.

“Why do you care? I’d thought us kidnapping you would make you want us to die.”

“I wouldn’t wish death upon anyone, especially not when it comes to Klaus. He sounds like he won’t be happy unless you’re both screaming in pain.”

“No he won’t. Which is why we’re using you to regain his favour.”

“What if you can’t? What if Elijah doesn’t accept your deal or he kills you.” I asked.

“He has no choice. He’s just as out of favour as we are. He needs you to get back into his brothers good books.”

I nodded. Okay, so how was I going to convince her to leave so that she and Trevor would be safe? Forgetting that thought, a ball of paper appeared by my side on the couch. I quickly picked it up, and quietly unwrapped it.

Stefan and Damon are coming for you. B x

They were coming for me, but so was Elijah. We’re all technically on the same team. But they didn’t know that yet. Bonnie had sent me a message, and I quickly stuffed it down the back of the couch, before my kidnappers saw it.

Suddenly Trevor burst in, looking rather spooked.

“He’s outside. Rose, I don’t think we should stay. We can leave out the back, and leave her.”

“I second that idea. You leave, I stay.” I urged.

“Trevor, don’t panic. Elijah is a man of his word. He won’t harm us. What are we?” She asked, putting a calming hand on Trevor’s arm.

“We’re family. Forever.” He replied, with only a small smile.

Rose smiled back, before frowning as she walked out the room to answer the door.

Trevor dragged me to another room. I stood in the middle of the room, while he paced back and forth. Even though I know Elijah wasn’t taking me to Klaus…today at least, even I was panicking slightly.

Trevor stopped suddenly, and looked up at the door. Elijah was standing there full of confidence. He winked at me, before stomping down the stairs. He was wearing a full black suit, and he did look good, but I was silently frightened of him, not that I’ll ever admit it.

“Hello Elijah. Nice of you to finally show up. I’ve been waiting to be rescued for ages.” I complained as soon as he stopped to a halt in front of me.

“You two know each other?” Rose fumed. You could almost picture steam coming from her ears, and her face turning several shades of red.

“Yes. I wanted you to go in case he killed you. Which he won’t do, because I’m asking him not to.” I said, looking Elijah in the face, raising an eyebrow, and crossing my arms in front of my chest, trying to look confident and pleading at the same time. I sent up a tiny silent prayer for God’s help, which as usual went unanswered.