Kidnap, and Honeycutt Doppelganger (Chapter 28)

Damon’s P.O.V

I sat staring into the fire, bourbon in hand, while Mystery Inc made plans behind me. Witch was holding tightly onto the same picture of Elena they used last time for the locator spell, and everyone was murmuring with the anticipation.

I was just waiting so Stefan and I could leave to go get her.

“I…I can’t…she keeps moving, and her pull is too weak…I can’t get a hold of her position. I’m sorry!” Bonnie voice murmured.

“Keep trying Bonnie.” Stefan urged.

“I can’t get the location, unless…” She trailed off. I got up and walked over to them, finally bored of doing nothing.

“Unless what, Bennett? I don’t have time for this.” I snapped.

“Have you got a map of the states? If Jeremy agrees, I could pinpoint the area where she is.” Stefan ran out the room and returned with a map, and straightened it out on the table. Alaric arrived at the same time, walking in with his bag of weapons.

“What do you mean if I agree?” Jeremy asks. Bonnie looked apprehensive for a second, before a sharp look from me made her continue.

“I can do a blood trail to locate her. If you’re a blood relation it makes the connection stronger. Knife?” I tossed her a switch blade from my back pocket. Stefan raised his eyebrows at me, and I shrugged back. I thought I’d use it to throw at someone if I got angry.

Jeremy moved towards her, and bent over the table looking down at the map, before looking up at Bonnie.

“Are you ready?”

I sighed, this was taking so much bloody time. Time they could be using to their advantage whoever they are.

Jeremy held out his palm in response, and Bonnie flipped the blade open and drew it across his skin. Blood dripped onto the map, and Jeremy squeezed his hand into a fist, pushing more blood onto the page.

Bonnie had already started muttering pig Latin under her breath, and we all watched as the drops of blood formed into one small puddle, which started moving.

“There. She’s there.” Bonnie said, pointing to a spot on the map. I moved forward and glanced down. Reidsville.

“That’s a hundred miles away.” Jeremy said.

“No, Bonnie. We need a more exact location than that.” Stefan urged. It wasn’t good enough. She could be any number of places in that town.

“That’s as close as I can get.”

“We can Google map it, aerial view, it can show us what’s around there, help us narrow down the area.” Caroline said, pulling her phone out, her thumbs flying away on the Iphone screen. I grabbed the bag of vampire destruction, and started out the door.

“Send us what you find.” I call.

“I’m coming with you.” Little Gilbert’s voice had me frozen on the spot.

“No way. I’m not going to save one Gilbert, just to have the other one kill themselves. No, you and Bonnie will go back to your house, while Ric takes his woman out for a romantic meal as a distraction.” I order.

“You can’t do this alone.” Jeremy insisted.

“He’s not. Let’s go.” Stefan said, pulling on a jacket.

“You’re coming with me?” I asked.

“It’s Elena.”