[Flashback over]

My eyes suddenly snapped open and I shot up from my spot looking all around the room for Jack or Amanda.

My breaths were harsh and short. I was having trouble breathing and I knew this was a sign of an upcoming panic attack. So, to avoid it, I started counting and taking deep breaths.

'they are not here..'

'they can't hurt me anymore..'

'I am not with them anymore. I am with my family.'

I kept chanting these words to assure myself that I was safe. After a good 20 minutes, I finally calmed down and looked towards the clock to see the time. It was 1:00 in the morning, which means I got only 2 hours sleep.

Knowing I wasn't going to be able to go to sleep again, I sighed and jumped out of the bed and went towards the bathroom to freshen up. Suddenly feeling thirsty, I moved towards the nightstand for water, but realized that there was no water left in the jar.

Having nothing else to do, I decided to go downstairs to get some water. I knew everyone was asleep at the moment, so I didn't have to answer anyone as to why I was up this late.

I had finally been able to memorize my way to the kitchen and may I say I was extremely proud of myself.

This house is a damn maze!!

Reaching the kitchen, I went towards the water dispenser.

Now, I had another hurdle to cross.

It was very high up and there was no way I could reach it even if I stood up on my tiptoes.

'That is what happens when you live in a house filled with giants.'

'Hmph!! I swear all my brothers are more than 6 feet, while I am just 5 feet something. Even my triplets are so damn tall. I look like a child in front of them.'

'Not fair!!'

I nevertheless stood on my tiptoes and tried to reach it. I tried for some more times and when I realized that I wasn't going to be able to reach the knob, I gave up and got down. Just when I was about to turn and go back to my room, a hand came from behind me and turned the knob on.

Completely taken back by this sudden movement, I jumped on my spot and turned to look at a very amused looking Domenico looking at me.

"I could have had a heart attack!!" I shrieked keeping my hand on my chest.

"Sure short stack." he snickered.

"I am not short. Stop calling me that." I huffed.

"Whatever you say, short stack." he said mockingly.

I just scowled and huffed in return. Suddenly as if realization hit him, he said something causing me to freeze in my spot.

"Why are you up at this time??" he asked sternly.

"I-uhm, I was thirsty, so I came downstairs for some water." I partly lied.

There was no way I was telling him about the nightmare.

"Mhhmm. Ok." he hummed in response but it was clear from his face that he knew I was hiding something.

I was about to leave as the bottle was full by now, when I took notice of him. Or rather his bruised arms and split lip. I gasped silently looking at his condition causing him to furrow his eyebrows in confusion, but my focus was still on his arms.

He followed my line of sight, and as if realizing something, he let out a string of curses under his breath.

Clearing his throat, he said, "It's nothing. Go back to sleep." and turned to go to his room.

The Lost Mafia PrincessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara