Chapter 4

EVELYN'S POV

After attending three more classes, it was finally lunch time and I was still debating whether I should sit with Sophia and her friends or just go somewhere other than the cafeteria to avoid everyone. 

'You should just go and hide somewhere, I really don't want to attract bullies. Linda advised.

'Maybe you are right. Moreover today everyone just kept staring at me like they saw a ghost. I shouldn't attract more attention.'  I sighed.

'But we are not cowards, I changed my decision, let's go and meet some new people. Maybe they are actually nice and won't bully us ?'  my inner voice declared.

'Fine , but if I feel uncomfortable, I am going to leave.'  I negotiated.

'I agree. NOW LET'S GO AND KICK SOME ASS !!!'  Linda yelled.

'Geez, don't shout. I am going.'  I remarked.

'Let's hope nothing goes wrong now'  with that thought in my mind I entered the cafeteria.

As soon as I entered inside, everyone turned towards me.

'I know I am beautiful but no need to stare. Poor fans can't get enough attention.'  Linda gushed.

Ignoring my inner voice, I took a look towards everyone to find Sophia.

"Evelyn here" Sophia shouted from a table at the corner and called me towards her.

Making my way towards her, I noticed 4 boys and 1 girl other than Sophia sitting there.

"Guys, this is our new friend, Evelyn. She is new here." Sophia introduced me.

"Evelyn these are my friends - Emma, Carter, Ryan, James and Hunter." Sophia said pointing to each one of them.

"Hey" they all chorused.

"Hi" I muttered shyly.

They all chuckled and motioned for me to sit with them. 

"So where are you from?" James asked.

"Umm, I-I used to l-live about 6 hours f-from here in a small t-town. I came here last w-week only." I explained.

"Oh ok, why did you shift in the middle of the term though?" Emma inquired.

"My parents got a new job so we shifted." I replied lowly not wanting to discuss this topic further.

Catching onto my nervousness regarding this topic, they changed the subject.

"Do you think I could fit 20 marshmallows in my mouth?" Hunter suddenly asked frowning.

Everyone looked at him in horror.

"Are you sure you are okay bro?" Ryan asked skeptically.

"Yes" Hunter rolled his eyes.

"Oh ok just checking to be sure." Ryan replied.

Everyone chuckled at that including me while Hunter frowned.

"Hunter is a big foodie. Like he will literally do anything for food." James informed me.

"He can literally die for food." Sophia chuckled.

"Food is his first love." Ryan said kissing his food.

"Don't make the mistake of ever taking his food or he won't leave you till you get him 10 times more food than you took." Carter teased Hunter.

"Oh shut up guys, he loves food, so what ? Stop teasing the poor guy." Emma stated.

"See ! Only Emma loves me. I hate you guys. But love you Emma, my savior from these bullies." Hunter said dramatically falling backwards on his chair.

"Of course she will support her boyfriend guys. What did we even expect." Carter grumbled playfully glaring at the duo.

'What??'

Probably sensing my confusion, Sophia said, "Oh yeah, Hunter and Emma are dating. So are me and Ryan. And Carter and James are gay and dating too."

"So basically you are the only one single in our group now, hence we need to find you a nice boyfriend soon." James smirked which caused me to blush.

"Hang on maybe she already has one. Do you Evelyn ?" Emma added.

"N-no, I d-don't." I said flustered.

"Aw it's ok. We are still there for you." Hunter cheered.

Just then we heard the cafeteria doors opening and a group of boys made their way towards the big center table.

"They are the Romano brothers. Stay away from them. They basically own this school. I wouldn't want to get in trouble with them." Carter warned.

Making a mental note to never come across them, I nodded.

After the break was over, I had the same class as Ryan, Sophia and Carter. As I had to get my stuff from the locker, I went towards it whereas everyone else left for class.

 I tried to reach my locker

key word tried...

But before I could, someone pushed me down making me fall.

Gazing upwards to see who did it; I saw a short, slim girl with tons of makeup on her face, high heels and a short skirt with the upper buttons of her shirt undone making her boobs show. There were two more girls behind her and some other students had also stopped to watch the drama which was definitely going to unfold.

"Look who is it, the new girl." she snickered.

I lowered my gaze to the ground not wanting any trouble.

"Hey why are you quiet? Are you mute?" another girl rudely exclaimed.

When I still didn't answer, the first girl spoke, "Listen here and listen clear, I am Brittney and I am the most popular girl of this school and everyone listens to me. So you better obey me and stay out of my way, or there will be consequences. Am I clear ?" Brittney threatened.

I just nodded my head wanting this to be over already.

"Look up and say it" she demanded.

I looked up and they all gasped loudly. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion but still quietly murmured a yes. They still hadn't removed their gaze from my face and kept staring at me like they had seen a ghost.

"H-how do y-you l-look j-just like t-them?" one of the other girls stuttered in disbelief.

Not understanding anything, I left from there and made my way towards the classroom but could still hear the students in the corridor whispering and murmuring quietly.

Shrugging off my suspicions, I entered the classroom.

'If only I knew how much this one class was going to change my life.'

_______________________________________________________________________________

HEY ! SO HOW WAS THE CHAPTER ?

HOPE YOU LIKED IT.

I TRIED MY BEST TO INCLUDE A LITTLE HUMOR IN IT.

LOVE<3

NEHAL