Chapter 2: First Scenario (Part 2)

It was bad enough that I had to deal with AFO and the LOV. But now I have to deal with this?! I wish I had someone to rely on in this world. Oh wait...nah. I'll let him do his own thing.

I onced over the blue screen in front of me again.

Main scenario #1

________________________________________

[Prove your value]
Kill one or more living organisms

Category: Main

Difficulty: F

Time limit: 30 minutes

Reward: 300 coins

Penalty for failure: Death

_________________________________________

I looked at the crate of grasshoppers I had in my hands.

"The police...the police aren't picking up! What do we do?", Sangah says, her voice shaky.

"Sangah, calm down...", Dokja begins to say.

"Miss, have you ever played a game where a handful of people survive an apocalypse?", I ask towards the woman. She sweats in confusion.

"Huh? What's that got to do with anything?", She asks, confused at what I'm saying. Come on woman, please stick with me on this one.

Dokja looks at me perplexed. Shoot! He was supposed to say something like that in the original book.

I continued.

"Think of it this way. We're part of that game now...", I say, trying to calm her down.

"A game...?", She questions.

"Yeah. It's simple. Every game has rules. We just need to follow them.", Dokja agrees.

"Rules? What are you...?", Sangah asks, still confused.

"We just have to figure out what those rules are.", I say, trying to show determination in my face. What am I saying?! I'm scared as hell!

I feel someone put their hand on my shoulder. It was Dokja. He nods at me. I sweatdrop.

Does he know?

"Someone please open the door!"

People started getting desperate.

"Try breaking it with a hammer!"

It won't work.

A loud, commanding voice can be heard, making heads turn towards the direction of the voice.

I knew who it was. Hyeongseong Lee. A buff guy with short, black hair.

"Okay, everyone! Calm down. Take a deep breath and stop what you're doing.", He starts off.

The chaos dies down a little and all attention is on him.