Chapter 9: Making A Deal (Part 2)

"Ha...hahahahaha! You guys are crazy! You guys must be out of your minds!", The Dokkaebi laughs, not taking us seriously. I start to irk.

"I should have realized when both of you rejected all the offers from the constellations!", He points out. Dokja looks at me, but this time, I just accepted it.

I didn't accept a constellation, but not only because of the story, but because of how I am. I didn't need help to become strong, I could become strong by myself. I hate relying on others.

I clench my fist.

"I don't know how you guys know about the star stream...but I can't accept your offer. I'm a Dokkaebi, not a constellation, so I can't be a supporting constellation.", Bihyeong begins to explain.

"I don't think you get it. We never asked you to sponsor us.", I begin to say.

"Huh?", Bihyeong spits out, confused.

"It's not your power we're after, but your channel.", Dokja continues. We were both on the same page.

"My channel?", Bihyeong tilts his head.

"Let me simplify it for you. We want to enter into an exclusive contract with you.", I spat out.

"Wait, are you saying you guys want to enter into a <stream contract> with me?", He asks to confirm.

"Yes.", We both say it at the same time.

"You guys have quite the sense of humor, huh?", Bihyeong puts his hand on his head in frustration.

"I don't know where you guys heard about it, but how dare mere humans mention the <stream contract>? Especially when you guys still don't have a supporting constellation?", Bihyeong's eyes glow red in anger.

I sigh in frustration. That's it. I'm done.

"That's exactly like you should accept our offer.", I began.

"What?"

"Why do you think constellations join star stream channels in the first place?", I continued. "If you want your channel to flourish, you have to satisfy at least one of the two groups. Either make your stream as entertaining as possible or try to find incarnations that interest your subscribers."

There are constellations who look for entertainment and constellations who look for incarnations to sponsor. Thrill seekers and incarnation seekers.

"Rather impressive for some humans. But does this concern you guys?", Bihyeong crosses his arms. Stubborn bastard.

"How thick are you? No wonder your subscriber count is only a three-digit figure.", Dokja mocks.

"Shut up and get to the point.", He says, getting more impatient by the second.

"What if there were channels that could both entertain it's subscribers, and showcase interesting incarnations?", I tell, trying hard not to smile. I knew every word that was in the novel I read. Did I kind of take over Dokja's role?

"There's no way that's possible...", Bihyeong begins to think.

"Constellations that are looking for incarnations to sponsor... eventually leave the channel as soon as [Sponsor Selection] is over.", I say.

"But what if there are incarnations who refuse to take on a supporting constellation? And what if those incarnations outperform all other incarnations despite not having supporting constellations?", Dokja grins and I nod my head towards Bihyeong.