Chapter 7 - Firsts

Digging into the hot chocolate brownie that lay in front of her, Akshara let out a delicious moan as she took a bite of the dessert and let the warm taste of melted chocolate consume her. Closing her eyes in satisfaction, she smiled as she went in for seconds.

Abhimanyu watched her, his mind racing with thoughts and his heart beating faster than ever as he watched her deliciously consume the brownie. He couldn't help it, he tried to defend himself, Akshara was an attractive woman and his wife - of course he would react this way! Composing himself, he took a deep breath as he pushed the thoughts out of his head and gazed back at her.

He chuckled looking at the melted chocolate that was stuck on her face. Reaching forward, without thinking twice, he wiped it off her face, freezing when she froze as he realised his actions.

Flushing with his soft touch, Akshara quickly wiped the rest of the chocolate off her face as Abhimanyu's hand paused mid-way, processing his own emotions.

"Are you sure you don't want some?" Akshara asked, teasing his empty plate as she tried to change the topic and avoid making it awkward between them.

Abhimanyu chuckled, leaning back in his chair. "No, I think I'm good....".

"Suit yourself" Akshara shrugged her shoulders and then looked out the window. Pausing her eyes landed on the ice rink that was across the street from them. Sighing, she cuddled further into her sweater as she looked at the rink curiously. She'd wanted to go ice skating since she was a little kid, especially at Rockefeller Centre in New York - it was top of her bucket list.

Abhimanyu's gaze followed hers as his eyes landed on the destination of her curiosity - the ice rink! Feeling a light bulb go off in his head, he turned back to face Akshara and noted how her face was almost now glued against the window as she looked at the people that were skating around the rink.

Folding his arms, Abhimanyu leaned back in his chair as he cleared his throat to get her attention. Akshara jumped up in her chair at the sudden noise and then looked up at him blushing at being caught, as she looked down at her plate with the rest of her brownie. She focused her attention back on the brownie as she bit into it.

Abhimanyu watched her devour the rest of her brownie, as a silent rumble of contentment grumbled in his chest. Seeing her well-fed and happy gave him a feeling of peace that he couldn't put his finger on.

Finishing up their desert, Abhimanyu stood up from their table.

"Shall we head?" he asked gently, wanting to make sure she was ready.

Akshara nodded, standing up smoothing out the wrinkles in her dress, and tugging her cardigan closer together. "The cheque...."

"Already paid ma'am," Abhimanyu said in a matter-of-fact tone and Akshara let out a gentle smile. She'd be surprised if this wasn't a first but Abhimanyu had been like this even prior to their wedding... on the odd occasion she'd join into a Birla family outing with Nishta, he had always spoiled her along with his baby sister.

"Thank you..." she smiled gently, "next time it is my treat though," she said looking up at him. She believed in equity... she admired her husband but she had worked hard too and she knew how important it was to share the load.

Abhimanyu gave her a coy grin, folding his arms, "next time?"

Akshara gaped up at him, and then she looked away... suddenly flustered. "Nahi-I mean... I -I"

Abhimanyu chuckled, leaning down so he was at the same height as her, "I would very much so like a next time".

Akshara groaned, realising he was teasing her. "Abhi" she whined, gently hitting his chest.

Abhimanyu laughed, "Let's go".

***

Abhimanyu peered at Akshara's shocked face as she parked the car in front of the ice rink stadium. She gasped as she turned over to him and looked back at him.

"Abhi... why are we here?" she asked him, taking in the sight in front of her and then back at him as her heart thudded back and forth. Akshara was trying not to get too excited at the possibility so she patiently waited for his response.

Abhimanyu shrugged his shoulders casually, leaning back on his car seat and looking oh so handsome with one hand still on the wheel. "Been a while since I iced skated... thought I'd check it out"

Akshara gasped, "You liar! You saw me looking at it?" she accused him.

He smiled sheepishly, had he been caught admiring her? What had gotten into him? He couldn't understand his own emotions or his own actions.

"Come on... don't you want to see?" he asked, opening his door as he gestured towards the iced rink. The two exited the car as Akshara faced the building to the rink excitedly, jumping up and down on the spot like a child. Abhimanyu watched in contentment, the same rumble of peace and happiness spreading through his chest all over again.

***

A little while later, Akshara had settled with her skates as she sat on the side and tried to slide them over her feet. She'd never skated before and she couldn't help but feel slightly nervous with her track record of falling over a million times over before.

Taking a deep breath she was about to grab the laces when she felt a figure hover over her and lean down, getting down on one knee in front of her.

"Abhi...." Akshara whispered as he gently grabbed a shoe and slid it over her foot.

"Have you ever skated before?" Abhimanyu asked, focusing on the task at hand as he did his best to not feel overwhelmed by his feelings of being so close to her. He gulped as he slid his hands over her ankle, her trembling under his touch.

"Abhi... it's okay, I can do it" Akshara whispered, she was basically breathless at this point, this was beyond her imagination completely and she was forcing herself to focus very hard as her mind became completely numb with his soft touch.

"Mmmm... have you skated before?" Abhimanyu asked again, not letting go of her foot and Akshara took him ignoring her previous comment as a no.

She shook her head rapidly, as words definitely were not coming to her right now with her husband in such close proximity. From the side of her eyes, she saw females gaze enviously at her as she closed her eyes furiously trying her best to compose herself at his touch.

Abhimanyu took in a breath as he gently slid his hand past the tinkling anklet that lay around her ankle, the sign that always signaled to him that she was around. His wife was around. Forcing his mind back on the conversation, he shook the current thoughts he was having far out of his brain.

Tying up her shoes, he then separated himself from her standing in front of her as she still sat on the seats with her ice-skate shoes now tightly on her feet.

He looked incredible, his ice-skate shoes on and he was already maneuvering with so much ease and confidence.

"I haven't.... but I see you have" Akshara noted, smiling cutely at him.

How much more talented could he be? Akshara bit her lip.

Abhimanyu held out his hands as Akshara looked into his eyes as she felt her heart swell. Oh Abhimanyu Birla, the spell he had on her.

In his eyes, she saw sincerity and trust... someone she knew she could always rely on.

Smiling she slid her hands onto his as he stabilised her.

He looked at her with such care and concern.

His eyes pierced into hers.

His gaze on hers.

On every step of hers.

Holding her and protecting her.

As if to say, "I won't let you fall".

But little did he know... she already had.

And there we have it... three updates today to rescue you from the mess the show currently is! Sending you all love. Please do tell me what you think and I will try and be back with another one tomorrow.

Hint: chapter 10 is one of my favourites I have written from any of my stories! :p

N x 

Truly Yoursजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें