Chapter 16: To remember

Start from the beginning

"Well,I would just have to ask him later-on then..time to get back to Velzard."

I glanced around to see her sitting at a couch in the park under the tree,she saw my glance too,and she smiled back at me,while waving hands gesturing to me to come over.

"Alright,here you go! I even got a double sized Ice cream cup for you! Like it?"

"What flavor is it,Rimuru?"

"Why don't you try it yourself to find out?"

She looked at me for a bit,curious on what I'm up to. But still obligated and took a bite on it,only to have stars in her eyes upon realizing what it is.

"It's strawberry,and it's so good! So you do remember my favorite flavor don't you?"

"Of course,how could I not remember you and Velda's favorite-"

*Kiss*

Just as I was about to finish my proud proclamation,I was interrupted by Velzard's sudden kiss on my cheeks out of nowhere. What was that for again so suddenly?

"W-w-what was that for?!" I shouted,feeling my face heating up all of a sudden,

"That's my reward back to you remembering my favorite flavor in Ice cream,also,I see that you haven't shown that big impression for a long time,it makes me remember the one time when those two said they are going to drag you to a dance party at the royal palace?"

She replied while showing a cheeky smile at me,but the main part that she was focusing on is about mentioning somebody..those two? Whose two? Oh..wait..

"You mean those two..you mean my two old apprentices back in the days?" I tried to test her to see if she is really talking about them. Unusual for her to mention them after so long,in this scenario,right? Although they were very good friends,very good friends that we shared many times together,doesn't make that much sense to me.

"Yeah,I just simply remembered something. Tell me,Rimuru. Try and remember the times you guys had together,what do you think of them now?" She asked,while staring at the skies and waiting for my answer,smiling gently.

"I...." I muttered while trying to remember whatever my memory has left of them inside in my soul,diving deeper and deeper.

"The past"

'Rimuru sensei! Can you finally teach me how to use your cool move that literally slashed open the space?!'

'No,not now,Artoria. You have just drawn the sword Caliburn. I'm sure you would find more interesting use in it,would you not,hm?

'Please? The way you fight is so cool and majestic,yet lethal! I want to learn it!'

'Haha,that is not a path you will take. You are destined to be a knight,and the future king of Britain. I'm a mere swordsman,a wanderer. That is not how a king fights. Your path is different.'

'B-but you are still a great teacher,like Merlin! Don't say that to yourself!'

'Hmph,if you say so. Now,it's not early,isn't it? You should be heading back to your home and rest,for your journey to become a true king and knight has only just begun. Heard that you would be going on a knight internship travel tomorrow for a few weeks,and I wouldn't be wasting your time to rest,'

'Sensei..while I'm away from here on the trip,Merlin will still be able to teach me in my dreams,sometimes. But what about you? I don't want to miss your lessons even if it's just a few weeks.'

'Fufu,don't worry about it. Whenever you want to learn from me,just go somewhere more hidden and dark. I will come to your call if I can. don't ask why,say that is how my power grants me to. Now,you better sleep soon. A knight shouldn't mess with their sleep schedules to be a complete disorder.'

'I know! Bye bye sensei,I will see you later!'

'Bye,Artoria.'

—----------------------------------------------------------

'That would be all for today,you're a fast learner Morgan,aren't you? Natural talent truly is formidable.'

'Still,I have much to learn from you,sensei. I'm quite looking forward to learning that binding magic you showed me earlier!'