Chapter 10: Tale of the Wanderer Mage (Rimuru x Majo no Tabitabi)

Work done by @elite3532 and @ParadexTM .

Enjoy ;)

3rd Pov

Continuing their travel, Rimuru and Elaina were now in front of a desolated Kingdom.

The buildings were in ruin and no sign of life could be seen...yet they decided to pass the night there.

Rimuru : Are you sure ? We can easily reach the next kingdom before night.

Elaina : Yes, I already spotted the castle...it's the only bearable place here.

Rimuru : I see (There is a presence inside...also I can feel an ominous intent around the kingdom...)

Struggling off, Rimuru just followed Elaina as she made her way up to the castle, a fairly big building whose wall was still intact.

The difference between the castle and the rest of the kingdom is like night and day.

Elaina Pov

Opening the big entrance door, a loud and grumpy sound resonned through the inside.

Elaina : Mmh, Hello ?

I tried to see if there was anyone since the inside was fairly well decorated and cleaned.

But upon taking a few steps in, my whole body shivered as an odd feeling went past me.

Elaina : What was that ?

I turned to Rimuru-san trying to see if he felt that too but instead of meeting his face, I saw his back.

He was staring at something right behind us...this odd feeling was someone staring at us...

???: Who are you.

I shivered a little and quickly turned around, the cold and dark voice was revealed under the form of a charming woman.

Yet her cold eyes haunted me on the spot...

???: What is your name ?

Elaina : K-Kya-

Rimuru : Rimuru Tempest and this little girl is Elaina, we are travelers.

Before I could even scream out of terror, Rimuru-san took the lead...he grabbed my hand and transferred some of his mana to calm me.

And it did work...what a wonderful spell, or is it just mana transfer ? I don't really know...

???: I see, i am Milarose, sorry if I startled you two.

Rimuru : Well to be fair, we weren't expecting much from someone living there, we should have knocked.

Milarose : Don't mind it, besides there are plenty of rooms to use, some companies won't hurt.

Milarose's expression passed from ice cold to warm...both of them were discussing while I was still trying to digest my shock...

But what is more shocking is that Rimuru is actually being polite to someone...

And wait...did he just say we weren't expecting someone here ? I wasn't expecting...this guy probably already analyzed the entire kingdom and knew that Milarose was there...

I should have done that too but since I'm still new to this art of enhancing your body sense with Mana, I didn't have the natural reflex...

Ahhh, anyway...after this light exchange, Milarose guided us to a guest room...since it wasn't safe here we decided to share the same room...

Milarose : Here we are, but you know there is enough free room for both of you.

Rimuru : It's just precaution, I'm not used to sleeping in an unknown place, besides I prefer having my daughter near me.