Chapter 8: Tale of the Wanderer Mage (Rimuru x Majo no Tabitabi)

Work done by @elite3532 and @ParadexTM .

Enjoy ;)

3rd POV

Happiness...it's a feeling that every normal living being should feel as it's a natural component of one existence.

Everyone should be at least able to feel happiness once in their life...For Elaina, her source of happiness is traveling.

She likes discovering new things and visiting new places...but because of a rush during her youth, she forced in a way Rimuru to follow her.

But now she was wondering...is he even happy? She noticed during her recent travel but he never truly smiles or laughs out of joy....
It was like he was a robot devoid of this feeling...

Elaina: Ne...Rimuru-san...

Rimuru: Mmh?

Elaina: Are you a robot?

Rimuru: ...I am not...

His expression covered by his mask, Elaina couldn't see what he was feeling at the moment...but he certainly facepalmed at her question.

They are actually in a very bland area where no big city was located...but this was the main way to reach the royal city.

As for now, they passed above a giant field with a mesmerizing view...this reminded Elaina of a story she had read when young.

It's the story of a wife and her husband...they were childhood friends and thus naturally developed love for each other and eventually got married living a perfect life.

However, one day the wife fell ill and could no longer go outside...she was forced to stay at home with the only source of entertainment being the view from her window.

This pained the husband...he then resolved himself to bring the world's most beautiful views to her, using magic.

One of the sights he brought to her may have looked like what Elaina was witnessing at the moment.

Little boy: Hey! Over here!

And just like that before she knew...another adventure started.

Turning around, she saw a little boy holding a glass jar, he was waving his hand at the duo with a bright smile.

Elaina: Mmh, should we go meet him Rimuru-san?

Rimuru: Sure...nothing else to do anyway.

Nodding, Elaina put up a smile and approached the little boy.

Little boy: You came! Yay!

Elaina: Well hello.

Little boy: Hi! you're a witch and this mister a sorcerer right! That's so cool!

Looking at them, the little boy's eyes sparkled an instant...in this far away place with nothing but fields....

Seeing travelers is rare as they would usually just go through it in a one go, so for the little boy this was the first time he met a witch and sorcerer.

Elaina: Anyway, what are you doing here?

Little boy: Looking for happiness!

Elaina: Eh what do you mean?

Rimuru: He means that he is converting people's happiness into magic.

Elaina: Really?! (Fascinating!)

Looking carefully at the little boy, Elaina put a hand on her mouth and started to think.

Elaina: (Magic is a form of natural energy that is omnipresent in the air, by mastering and controlling it, people over the age were able to transform, make fire/ice..;turn back time or even duplicate objects...so using emotion to form magic is possible...)