Chapter 7: Tale of the Wanderer Mage (Rimuru x Majo no Tabitabi)

Work done by @elite3532 and @ParadexTM .

Enjoy ;)

3rd POV

In a boring and cliche kingdom...Elaina and Rimuru decided to stay for the next 3 days...after leaving the country of flowers, Elaina's morale took a big hit but she wasn't someone to despair over things like that, she just moved forward.

There wasn't much for this kingdom as it's the same cliche thing like a king who rules over his subject.

Right now Elaina was sitting on her bed while looking at her purse with a few gold coins...she is lucky to have Rimuru since the problem of money wasn't there anymore.

Elaina: I can already see myself struggling with the small amount of savings I had...

But there was one problem in this kingdom...the price was way too high, while a simple bread would cost 1 copper coin, here it cost over 3...

This managed to tickle Elaina as she felt like Rimuru was getting robbed just for her, he didn't have the notion of money so he didn't care.

But for Elaina, this was the worst of the evil...

Elaina: But I wonder why the prices are so high...I am not very well versed in economics so I can't tell if there is something wrong here...

Rimuru: It's because of counterfeit.

Elaina: Oh Rimuru-san.

Coming into her room, they had planned to take a walk around and buy a few things.

But since she was curious, Rimuru decided to give her a small explanation about this country...

Rimuru: It seems that this kingdom has a new king who is very young...because of lack of experience, he seems to have circulated a lot of counterfeit coins to revitalize the economy.

Elaina: What was he thinking while doing that...

Rimuru: Anyway now the currency here is broken, the inhabitants don't care much as it will change nothing but giving them more money but for travelers, the situation is critical, it might even reduce the state of tourism here to zero.

Sighing when Rimuru finished his explanation, Elaina wondered how he could know this much despite just having arrived.

And as a good learner with a thirst for knowledge, she didn't hesitate asking.

Elaina: Did you use a spell to gather intel?

RImuru: Mmh? Well yes, you could say that.

Elaina: Can you teach me?

Looking at him with determination, Elaina knew that she still had a long way before becoming a truly strong witch.

And with what already happened after a few cities, she wanted to be stronger.

Rimuru: Sure...i guess but it's not really a spell, it's just the basics of magic.

Elaina: The basics?

Tilting her head, RImuru smiled and took her hand before pouring a little of his mana.

Rimuru: Yes, the basics now close your eyes.

Doing as he instructed, she closed her eyes and immediately saw a breathtaking sigh as she wasn't in her room anymore but high in the sky.

Looking down at the city with an eagle view...

Elaina: Woah...

Rimuru: By simply enhancing your eyes, you can expand your view range...and there is something else, enhance your consciousness.