Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Ligawan

IT FELT like I was back to being a teenager once again when I heard those words escape his lips. The green tint of his glasses shone as he tilted his head a little to the side, preventing me from seeing his eyes clearly.

I immediately felt all my blood rushing toward my face, knowing that my cheeks are flushed red as a tomato. My lips were slightly parted as I swallowed the lump stuck in my throat.

"I—uh," I tried to speak but my mind was unable to make up any words to say.

I diverted my gaze away from his and looked down on my lap, my thin bangs barely covering my flushed face. Naramdaman ko ang kamay ni Jaydee sa gilid ng mukha ko. His warm hand made contact with the side of my ear and tucked pieces of hair behind it.

"Bakit ka nagtatago?" natatawa nitong tanong, halatang nang-aasar.

I softly swatted his hand away from my hair, making sure that he wasn't hurt. "D-Don't tease me, Alegre," iritado kong bulong. I tried my best to sound firm and serious, but my voice came out to be unstable.

Narinig ko ang mababang tawa ng kanyang boses. "Ganda palang pakinggan ng apelyido ko kapag ikaw ang nagsasabi," saad nito. "Mas maganda siguro kung pangalan mo ang susundan nyan," he joked.

When I heard him say those things, I immediately looked at him with daggered eyes. My brows are already furrowed. "Why are you suddenly acting so brave now?"

Mas lalo lamang itong natawa sa reaksyon ko. "Syempre, nakaamin na ako eh. 'Yon lang naman ang mahirap gawin." His shoulders softened and his body relaxed. His body leaned at the back of the car and placed his arms above his chest.

He looked so cool and calm while staring back at me with a wide smile written on his lips. I can't help but feel conscious by the way he looks at me.

"How are you so calm? You just confessed your feelings to a person," I said. He looks like he's enjoying this, yet here I am struggling to contain my feelings.

My heart is about to burst out of my chest, while I find it hard to control my breathing. My face is all flushed and I can't do anything but let him see it.

Hindi ito ang unang beses na may umamin sa akin. I had two other boyfriends in the past, and they all confessed their feelings for me before I did. But there is something about this man making me feel like a teenager once again, getting butterflies in her stomach when she finally discovers that her crush likes her back. This is too much for me!

Mas lalo lamang nanlaki ang aking mga mata nang biglaan nitong abutin ang aking kanang kamay at nilapat ito sa dibdib niya. He placed it directly on top of his heart.

I can't help but feel shy by immediately noticing how hard his chest is. "Mukha ba akong kalmado sa lagay na 'to, Nica? Malapit na akong mamatay sa kaba kanina pa nung una palang kitang makitang lumabas ng apartment mo," his deep voice said.

Nanatili akong nakatingin sa kamay kong hawak niya. The base of my palm up to the tips of my fingers could feel how fast his heart was beating. It's beating abnormally, probably faster than mine.

Mabilis kong binawi ang kamay ko mula sa hawak niya. I feel like my hand would burn because of the heat radiating from his hand and chest if I let it stay there longer. Tumikhin ako at inayos ang aking buhok. I tucked the strands behind my ear and looked at him.

"Since when?" I asked, trying my best for my voice not to sound too excited.

It was his turn to feel shy. Umiwas ito ng tingin sa akin at inayos ang pagkakalagay ng salamin niya. His hands smoothly glided from the middle of his glasses to his soft wavy hair. He brushed his hair with his long fingers.