Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Crush

WHEN I stepped inside our condo, I immediately went straight to the shower to take a bath. I cleaned myself first before going outside to see if we had any food. 

I saw a can of tuna inside our pantry so that's what I decided to cook. I slowly cut some onions and as I expected, it wasn't perfect. It really looked like it was cut by someone who doesn't usually hold a knife. 

I just quickly cooked the canned tuna. I grew up heating everything that was canned. It took me almost thirty minutes to cook just one can because of how slow and steady I was doing it. Even the fire was on the lowest setting. 

I was preparing the cooked food on a plate when I heard the door unlocking and open.

"Nica? Nakauwi ka na ba?" bungad ng isang boses ng babae. Worry was visible in her voice. 

"In the kitchen!" I shouted and placed the hot pan in the sink.

She hurriedly walked over to the kitchen and our eyes immediately met. My eyes wandered on her body. Her long hair is now tied in a ponytail and she was already covered with sweat. Agad guminhawa ang kanyang itsura nang makita ako. 

She let out a soft sigh. "Hay, salamat. Nakauwi ka naman pala nang maayos."

I let out a soft laugh and shook my head to the side. "How's Tito?" I asked. 

"Pagdating ko sa hospital gising na eh. Highblood daw, kakainom ng alak. Tubig niya na ata ang alak eh," sagot niya at bumuntong-hininga. "Ikaw? Ayos ka lang ba? Sorry talaga, ah. Naiwan kita, hindi ka pa naman sanay mag-commute mag-isa."

Lumapit ito sa akin at inabot pa ang aking kamay. She kept on looking for any scars or scratches that made me immediately laugh. She's overreacting again. 

"I'm fine, Jade. Hindi mo lang ako sinabihan kung magkano ang pamasahe!" nagtatampo kong sagot. "Thankfully, someone helped me."

"Talaga? Sino tumulong sa'yo?" she asked. She looked at our small table and sat down on her chair. I quickly got our rice and some plates. 

I also sat down in front of her and started eating. "Surprisingly, he was someone I actually met before."

Jade's eyes widened as her lips parted. "Hoy! Ano 'to, love sa jeep?!" she exclaimed. "Sino, Nica? Kilala ko ba? Kaklase ba natin?"

My eyebrows furrowed and softly laughed. "What? No. He's older and he's not from our course. He's an engineering student. Fourth year."

The small smile on her face widened. Her eyes were sparkling with malice. "Uy, older men pala ang nais ni Nica! Siguro ka-university lang natin 'yan, 'no? May engineering naman doon eh."

I can't help but laugh at her. She's so... ma-issue. 

"Ano? Alam mo ba ang name? O kaya i-describe mo nalang 'yong hitsura, baka friend ko pala sa social media!" sunod-sunod niyang tanong. 

Jade stood up and placed her chair beside me. She even playfully pushed me on my arm. She took her phone out and immediately went to search to a specific social media. 

"Alin dito? Dali, hanapin natin. Pa-add friend ka," makulit niyang sabi at nilapit pa sa akin ang kanyang cellphone. 

"Well, he only told me his name. It was Jaydee. Though, I think it's only his nickname," I answered.

I heard Jade tsked and shook her head to the side. "Ano nalang ang itsura niya?" she asked again.

"He has brown wavy hair, lightly tanned skin, wears glasses..." I trailed off, trying to remember his looks from the top of my head.