Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Multiple Dates

I WOKE up earlier than I expected. I took my time getting ready for work. Sobrang aga kong nagising at nagkaroon pa ako ng oras para gumawa ng sandwich at sariling kape.

I was taking my time walking inside the company building. Habang naghihintay para sa elevator ay nakaramdam ako ng presensya sa aking tabi. I looked over my shoulder and I was immediately greeted by a familiar smile.

His black hair was cleaned up well. He looked so fresh and his strong scent immediately captured my attention, making me stare at him for a few seconds. "Good morning, Nica," his baritone voice said.

Mabilis akong bumalik sa aking sarili at binigyan siya ng maliit na ngiti. I nodded at him.

"Good morning, too, Gabriel," I answered. I quickly diverted my gaze to the newly opened elevator.

Gab motioned his hand towards the entrance of the elevator, telling me to go in first. I gave him a small smile as I felt a bit of warmth envelope my whole being.

Nang makapasok kami sa loob ng elevator ay kaming dalawa lamang ang sumakay. The silence was deafening but I didn't know how to break it.

When he raised his hand I immediately looked at it. It was too quick that it was almost embarrassing. I was too focused on how we will break the silence between us that when I saw him making a move, I immediately reacted.

His hand was holding a carton carrier hugging two cups of coffee. Even from a distance, I can already tell that my name was written on one of them.

"I bought you coffee, in case you still haven't drunk one this morning," he said with a smile on his lips.

My eyes widened upon hearing his words. Shit. I already drank one earlier at home.

I wouldn't take it, unless I want my body to palpitate.

But, before I could even think properly, my conscience immediately took over me. My hand moved on its own and without even batting an eyelash, I looked up at him as my fingers wrapped around the warm paper cup.

"How did you know that I still haven't had a shot of caffeine today?" I stated with the sweetest smile I could make.

He laughed and shook his head to the side. He sheepishly smiled at me as if he was so glad to know that I needed the coffee he ordered for me. How can I even reject this person? "Just a hunch. Thought that you might need it."

Finally, the door of the elevator opened. I quickly took the cup of coffee out of its carrier and stepped out of the elevator.

I flashed him a smile before heading to my cubicle. Napabuntong-hininga na lamang ako nang makaupo sa aking upuan.

My eyes lingered at the cup of coffee in front of me. I'm sure as hell that I will go caffeine overboard if I drink all of it.

Naghintay na lamang ako sa aking upuan. I took a few sips from it, trying my best to not waste his effort.

Gabriel is a sweet guy and I don't want him to feel like I'm wasting everything he's giving me.

I stopped from working when I saw Jade walking towards her cubicle. I quickly pulled her on the hand. Mabilis itong napatingin sa akin ng may nagtatakang ekspresyon sa kanyang mukha.

"Umagang-umaga para kang gag—"

Pinutol ko ang sasabihin nito nang binigay ko sa kanya ang kape na halos hindi pa nakakalahati. I looked at her face and she looked like she needed some caffeine.