Chapter 18

Nobody's POV

Lucas feels uneasy. Most of the time he is relaxed, calm. But recently he can't shake the feeling that something bad might happen soon. He is constantly alert, jumping at every motion. He felt eyes watching him everyday. The only time he felt a bit safer was when he was composing and producing songs in his studio. The A.O. building has tight security after all. As tempted as he was to stay there forever, he still needed to go to class, eat food and meet people.

"You're just paranoid," his older sister said. "You'll be fine."

Feeling a bit better after hearing word of affirmation from Jia, he decided to call his girlfriend and hope for more consolation.

He got the opposite.

"The world of the rich can be scary sometimes. You know those palace dramas about concubines scheming against each other for the throne? It's real, it happens. My dad fought with my uncle for the company, you know." She said. " It's understandable you feel anxious. There might be people out to get you since you're the new heir. It is so out of the blue too. But hey you're fineee."

"I-" Lucas tried to speak but was cut off.

"Anyway just watch out! Gotta go bye love you muah!" And she hung up. Yes, she had a drink before the call.

Now Lucas was more anxious. There are people trying to kill him? For what? Cause he's taking the company, right. But who? Uncle Gary would be the number one suspect.

So, Lucas met up with Sophie, a girl who knows Gary more than anyone.

Sophie twiddled with the straw in her drink while listening to Lucas's story, occasionally taking sips and bites of her cake.

"I don't intend to make you panic, but I'm not gonna lie either. It's highly very possible father wants you dead. You're already announced as heir after all."

"Wow everyone is so helpful in calming me down," Lucas groaned sarcastically.

"I'm just telling you the truth. Humph!" Sophie huffed. "I'll ask Grandma to place guards around you."

....................................................................

Of course this would happen. There were warning signs everywhere. But Lucas dove head first straight down into the devil's trap.

One moment he was walking down the street but the next thing he knew he was immediately knocked out hen someone smothered a drugged cloth on his mouth and knows. Even his bodyguards were taken down.

He was swaying as the vehicle moves through the road. Lucas was bounded at the hands and feet, his eyes covered with an opaque cloth. They left his mouth free to speak anytime, but that would be useless. He knew there were at least 3 people; one person on each of his sides and a driver. There could be more depending on what vehicle they were in.

Lucas leaned back, relaxing his heart to maintain a calm composure. He didn't want to look threatened in front of his kidnappers. He wouldn't give them that. Lucas was on survival mode, taking note at every single detail that might help him escape. The leather seats were soft. Were they in a van? Tinted glass all over so that people would think there was a celebrity inside? No, that would bring unnecessary attention.

He breathed out a heavy sigh. The air was uncomfortably stale. Maybe he was in the back of a truck. Lucas kicked his legs, finding it falling back down in the empty space. He frowned, the truck theory would work. Why would they put leather seats though confused him. However what mattered more was where in the world were they taking him?

They turned left, then a couple minutes later the vehicle was swerving around a roundabout, a right turn, another right. Lucas tried his best to remember as much of this pattern as possible. After what seemed like hours, they finally stoped.

....................................................................

A/N

I'm sorry this took so long and kinda short chapter. I've been having trouble finding inspiration lately. I hope you enjoyed this story thus far.

Thank you so much for reading!