Chapter 14

"Huh, what is Lucas doing here?" Penny wondered as he stood in front of the entrance. "Hey, Lucas." She greeted.

"Hi Penny, what's up?" Lucas waved.

"Uh, if you're looking for Athanasia, she's already inside."

"I know. I'm waiting for someone else."

"Ah, I see. Well I'll get going then. Later." She said while turning away, wondering about who he is waiting for. She considered waiting with him but worry it might take too long.

"Later, Penny."

Lucas looked at the time. They should be here any minute, what's taking them so long?

"OPPA!!" Sophie's voice was heard from afar. Right on cue. Her short black hair was braided and secured with a pink hair tie. She wore a simple green knitted vest over a white shirt and skirt with turquoise sneakers. A cute brown bag hanging around her shoulder. Jane held her hand as they walked together. She was sporting a flowery shirt and pants, topped with a sun hat. Grandma Jane dressed like any other grandma, except Lucas was sure she uses an expensive brand.

"Welcome, Grandma, Sophie." Lucas hugged the two.

"Have they arrived?' Jane asked. She was referring to his adoptive family. "My sister said they'll be running late because one of her kids spilled juice all over himself and the car. Why don't we go inside first?"

Lucas showed them his department building first since it was the closest. The students and lecturers set up a variety of instruments for guests to try out. Sophie played the accompany violin while Lucas played the piano for a bit.

Soon the two families revolving Lucas met and got to know eachother. Despite his worries, everyone got along well. Both Jane and Sophie were excited to see triplets with their own eyes. In order, the triplets were named Jordan, Daniel and Liam. Jia and her husband, Mike shared stories of their initial reaction when they found out about their kids during earlier stages of her pregnancy. Lana shared pictures of the raven haired boy when he was young.

Little did they know, Penny was sneaking around taking pictures of the mysterious people who were with Lucas and his family.

Penny sent a photo of Lucas and Sophie hugging, one of his parents and grandma shaking hands, and two photos of the whole family to Athy.

Penny
4 photos sent.
Athy!
Who is that girl and old lady? Do you know them? What's their relationship with Lucas?

Athy
Hmmm....
I think that's his biological family. We're supposed to meet today.
He texted us in the group chat, remember?

Penny
OOOHJ! RIGHT!
Sorry I forgot. Hehe.
Can't wait for your performance!!!
Gtg byeeeee

Penny turned her screen off and tucked her phone in her purse bag. She gingerly skipped over to where Lucas at.

"Heyy Lucas!!!" She waved at him.
"Oh, hi Penny." He introduced Penny to his biological family and vice versa.

"Oh my gosh! This is so exciting!! I'm glad Lucas found his family again. It was nice meeting you but I gotta run. See you at Athy's show!" Penny left, disappearing among the crowd quickly like how she appeared.

"There's a show? What kind of show?" Sophie asked, mouth full with a hotdog.

"Ah... That's the main event. A few performances from the university students. Actually, I want you guys to meet my girlfriend who is performing too. Her show is starting soon so how about we go now?"