Chapter 16

Athanasia and Jennette were supposed to have a family lunch but judging by their parent's faces, it's not gonna be a normal family bonding moment.

It started out normally, everyone arrived at different times. They were given a menu each by a waitress, reading every dish and finally ordered. Small talk started as the food arrives.
Mid conversation Anastacius cleared his throat.

"There's something we need to talk about." He said. All attention turned to him. Claude looked nervous for some reason. Bad sign.

"So... Remember when I said I secured a new contract for the company? Yeah there's a catch I didn't tell you guys. Oh don't blame Claude I never told him either. So the other party agreed to provide us service only if both our company's merge families."

Athanasia's fork almost dropped. "Wait! You mean...marriage?"

Anastacius nodded. "I know arranged marriage is stupid at this age but we were drunk and it was a VIP booth, the CEO of GK has a son and I have a daughter and a niece and and my secretary made an impromptu contract cause he was drunk too but hey you can't blame me it was fantastic vodka!"

"I have a boyfriend, uncle." Athanasia snarled.

"I didn't say you have to do it." Her uncle retorted.

"You're forcing me to get married??" Jennette exclaimed.

"No, baby that's not what he meant—" Penelope tried soothing her daughter.

"It is what he meant! You just sold your daughter to get married to a random stranger just because you didn't have any self control to stop drinking before you get drunk. And frankly, you don't even like vodka!" Jennette fired back angrily. She stood up and all her utensils clatter to the ground, running away from her stupid father.

Athanasia ran after Jennette.

"I told you it was a bad idea." Claude said, staring at the two girls as they disappear from view.

"For the last time, it was the vodka!" Anastacius said.

"Shut your mouth Anastacius. You didn't even tell me about this." Penelope scolded. "I expect you to repent. Don't talk to me for the next 8 hours. Goodbye" and just like her daughter, Penelope walked away, probably going shopping to avoid her husband.

.......

Jeannette couldn't stop crying even with Athanasia trying to calm her down. They somehow ended up at Lucas's apartment. Usually he doesn't like surprise guests but seeing how bad Jeanette looked, he didn't have the heart to kick her out. He truly cares for Jennette actually, since they're gonna be cousin in laws. Amd also she helped him a lot.

Lucas boiled soup for the girls to eat. They must be hungry after leaving lunch so abruptly. When he handed Jennette a bowl, she stopped crying slowly.

"Thanks Lucas," she sniffed, slurping a spoonful of soup. "It's delicious,"

"Anytime," he replied, sitting down beside her.

"I'm sorry for barging in... I'm just so upset with my dad I just wanted to get  away and your house was the closest."

"Hey, I told you, it's okay. It was an emergency I get it. Eat before your soup gets cold."

Jeanette smiled, thanked him again, and continued eating.

"What's gonna happen now?" He asked.

"We have no choice." Athy said. "Sigh, the contract has already been signed and it can only be annulled if there's an agreement from both parties. Like it or not Jeanette still has to go meet with the CEO's son."