Chapter 15

Everyone snapped their heads at Anastacius' sudden outburst. He remained calm and composed. Embarrassment wasn't in his dictionary.

"You know Hanari?" Jane asked.

"Of course! We are trade partners after all." Anastacius smirked.

Sophie and Jane still looked very much confused until the older woman lit up. "So that's why your name sounded so familiar. To think I'd be personally connected to someone from A.O." she shook her head in disbelief. They've only met briefly for business before.

Jane was delighted. Yes she was happy that her grandson fell in love genuinely but to score such a perfect person with a prestigious family background is a plus. Meanwhile Sophie took time to admire the Obelia family. She had always looked up to the CEO of A.O, Claude de Alger Obelia, because of his great contributions and management skills. Using every means at her disposal, she read every news article, magazine, instagram post and Wikipedia that even slightly mentions the Obelia name.

The young girl turned her attention to Diana. She recalled information about the beautiful woman being A.O ent's top choreographer. Their only child is Lucas's girlfriend, a youthful girl who inherited Diana's beauty and Claude's wits. After all, Athanasia was set to inherit the company after Jennette refused the offer.

Speaking of Jennette, Sophie noticed the brown haired girl had her attention elsewhere, with a scowl on her face-one that could rival Claude's.

Jennette hoped that she wouldn't see the weird goth guy prior to their awkward interaction but there he was mindlessly walking around to the auditorium. Is he a student in Arlanta too? Or just a visitor? Jennette groaned internally.
"Hey why don't we go inside, everyone! Athanasia's show is gonna start." She nudged her cousin while sending a look that says 'just do what i say'.
"Right! Please show everyone to their seats, Jenny. I'll be heading backstage. Bye!" Said Athy. She pat her cousin's shoulder and whispered, "Saturday sleepover, my house with the girls."

....................................................................

As Jia and Mike struggle to settle their kids, they were saved when the MC grabbed the children's attention. All three kids finally glued to their seats, excited for the performance. Lucas sat between his sisters while Diana, Jane and Lana conversed next to each other, and their husbands right above (adjacent seats were already occupied, so they opt to watch over their wives)

They watched a short play from the engineering department, a choir club original song and two covers—one of which Lucas wrote for an A.O artist. Finally, the last performance was Athanasia's dance routine.

She stood in the middle, clearly the main character as she dressed differently from other dancers. Weeks of practice and strict guidance from Diana paid off. The music started and she took off powerfully. All eyes were on her. Diana already took out her camera recording her beautiful daughter while Claude muttered about how too many boys were looking. Lol.

Lucas blushes when they made eye contact and she winked. Sophie cheered and screamed like a true fan. Since her family owns an entertainment company in Korea, she took note how good choreography can make something more interesting.

The song ended with the dancers posing after the final step. The cheers became louder and eventually died down after the dancers left the stage waving at the crowd.

Another round of applause for Athanasia as she met up with her family and friends. Chatters were heard from every corner, it was truly a festive event.
Jeannette and Diana showed Athy all the pictures and videos they took. They also showed her a picture of a blushing and wide eyed Lucas.

Athy has never felt happier. Her family's business competitor is now their friend. Her performance was a success and she got to eat tons of delicious food. Most of all, it was a good break from all the student stress.

Happiness comes with sacrifices though
.........

Hello! Sorry I haven't been updating much. I'm soooo busy lately. Hope everyone can understand.

Vote and comment thanks for reading!