10

"So, you're Sunghoon." Bomi's dad pointed at Sunghoon. "And you've known eachother for a month."

Sunghoon stood awkwardly and did a small wave to Bomi's dad.

"And you're Youngchan." This time, the dad turned to the barista. "And you've known eachother since your were 8."

Youngchan awkwardly chucked and nod his head.

In all their years (and months) of friendship, Bomi's dad had never met his daughters friends.

Standing around a hospital bed while his daughter had her arm bandaged due to falling out of a window and meeting two boys at the crack of dawn wasn't exactly the most ideal place for introductions. But it seemed to work well enough.

Bomi's dad turned to his daughter and stroked his chin. "I'm sorry, it seems like this is the first and last time we'll ever meet. Your mum is eager to shut you out from the world."

Sunghoon and Bomi exchanged a look. Youngchan and Bomi's dad saw this and stood there, confused.

"Well, dad. Sunghoon and I were talking when I was reminded of a fact. Something I haven't told to any of you yet."

"It could be Bomi's way out." Sunghoon added. "And it's beneficial."

Youngchan and Bomi's dad urged the girl to continue.

"I was offered a job position as a manager of a new girl group. If I take it, I'll be provided housing. And a handsome salary that I could live on comfortably."

Youngchan stood, shocked. This was big news, his best friend had a way out. Why hadn't she taken it already?

Bomi's dad returned to stroking his chin as he thought deeply. "If you want...go for it. I'll support you if it makes you happy."

All three adolescents stood in the room, frozen from shock. Was it really that easy to convince Bomi's dad?

Bomi's dad noticed this and almost smiled. "I have to right to stop you from making such important decisions like this. If you think it'll be good for you, why not?"

Bomi errupted into a smile while Sunghoon and Youngchan hugged eachother and jumped in the air.

Sunghoon fumbled around his pocket and pulled out his phone.

"I-I'll call my manager! He'll be happy to hear this." His hands shook from excitement.

Youngchan ran to Bomi's dad and embraced him into a one sided hug.

"Thankyou sir! Thanks alot! Bomi can be happy now!"

Bomi eagerly took Sunghoons phone and spoke to the manager. "I'll take it! I'll take the job, and I'll be happy to start as soon as I can!"

The three friends jumped around in that stuffy hospital room that night, while Bomi's dad watched them with happiness in his heart.

He was beyond glad that his daughter had created a life she was pleased with, all by herself.

"But Bomi.." Youngchan started once they had recovered from their high. "How did you get the job when you're studying for a teaching degree?"

Bomi raised her eyebrows and looked at Youngchan weirdly. "When did I say I was studying to be a teacher? I'm taking a forensics science class. What a weirdo."

-

Bomi walked out of the hospital with her dad a few hours later.

Sunghoon and Youngchan had left earlier so they could sleep before they went to their respective jobs.

Bomi's dad opened the car door for his daughter and then got in himself, staring the car and turning on the heater to make sure Bomi was warm.

"Let me know when you move out, I'll help you." He grunted as he lowered the radios volume.

"I should be ready to move in the day after tomorrow. Everything's all ready, I just have to go."

Bomi's dad grunted a response and nod his head.

"Those friends of yours, I like them."

Bomi chucked and felt the stress she previous held go away. "They were so intimidated by you. You're kind of scary dad, you know?"

Bomi swore her dad's eyes crinkled with the hint of a smile when she called him 'dad'.

"Please. When you move out, don't forget about me. I'll always be here."

Bomi nod her head and smiled to herself.

Maybe, after all this time, she did have someone on her side. She just didn't know it at the time.

Allowing her eyes to droop, the girl drifted off to sleep in the passenger seat of the warm car. With that, Bomi drifted into a well-deserved dreamless sleep.