T̆̈W̆̈Ĕ̈N̆̈T̆̈Y̆̈ S̆̈Ĭ̈X̆̈✨

LIAM

Zayn and I had gone back to his house, his mom at David's, and Louis out with his friends for the night. We were sitting in front of the fireplace, warm cups of hot chocolate in our hands. We'd both changed into warm clothes, Zayn finding a larger pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt that would fit me. We were huddled together under a blanket draped over our shoulders. Zayn's head rested on my shoulder as we watched the fire crackle, getting warmed up and just enjoying being with one another.

"Liam?" Zayn suddenly said, quietly.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking over at him, seeing him still looking at the flames of the fire.

"Do-when-" he stammered, lifting his head off my
shoulder and looking down at his mug. I set my mug
down and placed a hand on his knee, encouraging him to continue.

"What is it?" I asked.

"When we leave, for college, do you want us to stay
together? Like, as boyfriends?" he asked, his voice fading into a whisper.

"What?" I softly asked. Zayn shook his head, dropping
it to look back down at his mug. "Zayn, look at me." I coaxed, reaching over and placing a hand on his chin.
He tilted his head towards me, his eyes shining with tears. "You think I don't want to be with you once we
graduate?" I asked, my heart dropping as I said the
words. He shrugged.

"I-I don't know. I just know you'll probably find someone better for you." he admitted, dropping my gaze.

"Zayn, of course I want to be with you. I will never find
someone better for me than you. I promise." I placed my hand on his cheek, gently wiping a fallen tear.
"Please say you believe me, Zayn. Please." I pleaded.

"I just can't help but worry." he choked out, collapsing
into my arms as more tears rolled down his cheeks. I
pulled him close to me, wrapping him up in my arms.

"I promise, Zayn. I promise." I murmured in his ear, feeling his tears drip onto my shoulder. I pressed a kiss to his head, feeling his breathing begin to even out.

"Can I show you something?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper. Zayn lifted his head and looked up at me, his eyes rimmed with red from crying, making my chest ache with sadness. He wiped a few tears away and slowly nodded.

"Yeah?" he answered, confused. I pressed another light kiss to his head before unwrapping the blanket from my shoulders and wrapping it around Zayn. He pulled it tighter around himself as I stood up, making him turn away from the fireplace to look at me, confusion etched on his face.

"I was uh, going to do this a little later. But now's a
good enough time as any." I rambled, earning another
confused look from Zayn. "Alright, um, just don't laugh." I said, my heart starting to speed up.

"Okay." he agreed, clearly still confused and skeptical. I cleared my throat and took a breath.

"Alright, um, here goes nothing. Uh, okay, but soft.      Through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Zayn is the sun." I recited, putting emphasis on his name and smiling at him. He was looking up at me, traces of confusion still present in his eyes. "Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon, who is already sick, and uh, and pale with grief. That thou his maid art far more fair than he." I paused.

"Is-are you reciting Romeo and Juliet?" he softly asked. I sheepishly smiled and nodded.

"I'm not done yet, hold on." I said, taking another breath.

"And yet I wish but for the thing I have. My bounty is
as boundless as the sea, my-" I paused, kneeling
in front of Zayn, seeing realization begin to dawn in his eyes. "My love as deep. The more I give to thee," I paused again, gently placing a hand on his cheek. "The more I have. For both are infinite." I whispered.