T̆̈W̆̈Ĕ̈N̆̈T̆̈Y̆̈ T̆̈W̆̈Ŏ̈✨

Zayn spent the rest of the week counting down the days until Friday when he could finally see Liam again. They would pass one another in the hall and Liam would walk past Zayn in bio, but they never got to talk.

Zayn hadn't been able to ask him about how his visits went either and he was dying to know. On Friday, Louis and he walked into school a little later than usual, with barely enough time to stop at his locker to get his textbook. The whole school was electric, and everyone excited for the last game before the playoff games started.

Zayn saw Liam in a circle with the team, looking distant as they talked around him. Zayn frowned and shot him a quick text.

how are you?

Louis said he'd see Zayn at the game, smirking because he knew the real reason he was going was to support Liam. Zayn rolled his eyes at him as Zayn got his things out of his locker.

"You've been acting weird all week." Zayn heard Mae say, suddenly leaning against the locker next to his.

"Okay?" Zayn answered. She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Care to enlighten him?" she asked. Zayn looked around, seeing the crowd in the hallway was starting to thin out but there were still a lot of people milling around. Zayn shook his head.

"Not right now. After school. When you drive him to the game." Zayn replied.

"You're going to the game?" she exclaimed. Zayn nodded.

"Yeah, I am."

She nodded excitedly. "Yay, okay I'll pick you up at 6." she said as they started walking towards their first class. "I have a feeling we have a lot to talk about." she smirked as they sat down and the final bell rang.

The day went by surprisingly quickly. Before Zayn knew it, he was in Mae's car, wearing Liam's Eastside Football sweatshirt under his jacket. Mae smirked when she saw him.

"Oh, we definitely have a lot to talk about. Spill!" she demanded, pulling out of the driveway.

"We kissed." Zayn confessed, blurting it out so fast he surprised himself.

"You what?" she cried, nearly screaming.

"Shh! Not so loud, geez." Zayn said.

"You kissed?" she exclaimed. Zayn nodded.

"When? How? Where?"

"Friday night. After the game." 

She slapped his arm. "Why didn't you call him? Like immediately after!" she asked.

"Ow! And because he ran off the field afterward. I went to talk to him the next day and things did not go well." Zayn said. Mae looked over at him, sympathy in her eyes as she stopped at a light. "But he came over on Sunday and we talked things out. And now we're kind of together? I guess?" Zayn said, still unsure what exactly Liam and Zayn were.

"'Are you happy?" she asked. Zayn nodded, smiling.

"Very."

"Good" she said, nodding. "Care to explain the sweatshirt? Because I know it's not yours." she said. Zayn felt his cheeks burn.

"It's Liam's. I borrowed it when I stayed at his house when Louis was in the hospital. And I kinda didn't give it back." Mae shot him a smirk, humming in acknowledghimnt.

When they got to the game, the stands were already nearly full. Mae was able to find Noah and Jack, who were just as surprised as Mae when Zayn showed up.

"Ava said she'll be here soon, so we need to save her a seat." Mae said. Zayn nodded and scooted over to save space for her. Jack and Noah were himssing around, throwing popcorn at each other when Ava finally made it.