T̑̈W̑̈Ȇ̈N̆̈T̆̈Y̆̈✨

After what felt like hours of crying, Zayn had finally succumbed to his exhaustion and fallen asleep around 3 in the morning, A light knock on his door woke him up, causing him to groan and roll over.

"Zayn? Sweetheart?" he heard his mom say as she opened the door. She sat on the edge of his bed.

"How are you doing?" she asked. My heart ached and he was still exhausted. He turned to face her, pulling his blanket up to his chin. He shook his head.

"Not so good." he croaked, his voice raw from crying.

She looked at him, worry in her eyes.

"Oh, honey." she whispered. When she said those words, Zayn broke down again. He felt tears well up in his eyes, a sob escaping his lips. She pulled him into a hug. "I know." she whispered.

"It hurts." Zayn sobbed, his chest aching in sadness. She nodded.

"I know. It will get better. I know it doesn't feel like it now, but I promise you it will get better." 

Zayn cried even harder at those words, hugging her back even tighter.

Once he had finally calmed down, she left with the promise of coming back with some breakfast. He heard footsteps down the hall and saw Louis walk past his room, stopping when he saw him still in bed.

"Are you okay now?" he asked, slowly walking into his still-dark room.

"No. Didn't sleep so well last night." Zayn responded, wiping a tear off his face. Louis gave him a concerned look.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked, clearly catching on to something being wrong. Zayn shook his head. Louis nodded in response. "Okay. Well, if you ever do want to talk, I'm here." he said, sincerity in his voice. Zaynnodded.

"Thanks, Lou." Zayn responded. Louis nodded and left the room. A few minutes later, his mom came back with a cinnamon roll and a glass of orange juice.

She placed them on his nightstand and kissed his forehead.

"I'm going to make some sandwiches for lunch this afternoon. I was thinking we could eat in the garden, what do you think?" she proposed.

Zayn nodded, knowing she was trying to get him outside in the fresh air to hopefully lift his spirits.

"Wonderful. Enjoy your breakfast and yell if you need anything." Zayn nodded in response. She smiled again and got up, closing the door behind her.

He pushed himself into a sitting position and reached Over for the plate. He slowly ate the cinnamon roll, enjoying its warmth. Once he finished eating, he got up and headed to the bathroom, deciding to take a shower to hopefully make him feel a little better.

The hot water relaxed him. When he finally got out of the shower, he took his time putting on a pair of sweatpants and an old green sweatshirt he found lying around his room. He made his way downstairs to see his mom starting to make the sandwiches.

"Do you need any help?" he asked.

"Sure. If you could cut those cucumbers over there that'd be great." she responded, gesturing to the cucumbers sitting on a cutting board on the counter. Once they finally finished lunch, they took it out back to the garden. His mom set a bowl of
fruit salad and a pitcher of lemonade down while Zayn brought out the sandwiches.

"Is Lou coming?" he asked. His mom shook her head.

"Lou's at a football workout. He'll be back later in the afternoon. I already put his in the fridge." she replied. Zayn nodded, feeling a knot form in his stomach at the mention of football. They quietly sat in the garden and ate. Zayn watched the bees jump from flower to flower and the trees sway in the breeze.