Ȇ̈Ȋ̈G̑̈H̑̈T̑̈Ȇ̈Ȇ̈N̑̈✨

Zayn drove home in a daze, both elated and terrified. He parked in the garage and turned the car off, his heart still racing. His fingers ran over his lips, still tingling from Liam's electric kiss.

"Fuck." Zayn whispered, grabbing his backpack and exiting the car.

"Hi, honey! How was studying?" his mom asked, sitting in the living room.

"Uh, fine. Yeah, good." Zayn said, seeing a confused look form on her face.

"Are you okay, sweetie?" she asked. Zayn nodded, a tight-lipped smile on his face.

"Yeah, fine. I'm just tired, so I think I'm gonna go to bed early." Zayn said, gesturing for the stairs. She nodded, looking concerned.

"Okay. Sleep well, Zayn." she said, smiling at him.

"Night, mom." Zayn responded before racing up the stairs. Zayn shut his door and dropped his backpack at his desk, falling onto his bed.

That didn't actually happen, did it? Did I kiss Liam? And did he kiss me back?

Zayn flopped down onto his back, groaning and running his hands over his face.

He ran off after. Oh god, he definitely regrets it.

Oh, fuck everything is been ruined.

Zayn stared at his ceiling, a mix of emotions washing over him. Zayn sat up and went to his closet, changing into pajamas before collapsing back into bed. Zayn grabbed his phone, staring at it.

Should I text him? Or will that make things worse? We need to talk at some point, I can't leave things the way they were-

His thoughts were interrupted by a knock on his door and Louis peeking in.

"Hey." he said. Zayn put his phone to the side, hoping Louis couldn't sense his inner turmoil.

"Hey." Zayn responded, sitting up to look at him as he stepped into the room.

"Were you at the game?" he asked, a confused look on his face. Zayn felt his cheeks start to burn.

"Uh, yeah. I finished up a project in the library after school and happened to finish before the game started. Thought I'd stop by" Zayn said, shrugging and dropping his eyes into his lap. Louis' eyebrow quirked up.

"In the two years I've been playing you've never been to a game. Even when I started." he said, clearly still skeptical. Zayn just shrugged again, not sure what to say and unwilling to disclose the actual reason for his sudden interest in the sport.

"You're acting weird." he suddenly said. Zayn's eyes shot up to his.

"What? No, I'm not!" Zayn responded, realizing that was too defensive.

"Did something happen?" Louis asked softly sitting on the edge of his bed. "You can tell me"

"No." Zayn said, a little too quickly, making Louis narrow his eyes at him.

"Zayn, I know you're lying. I don't know why and I don't know what about, but I can tell you are." Louis said, sighing.

"I-" Zayn started, not sure what he would even say. Zayn just closed his mouth and shook his head.

"Well, I'm here if you want to talk. You know that right?" he said, concern on his face. Zayn nodded.

"Yeah, thanks Lou." Zayn said, offering him a small smile. Louis nodded and stood up.

"Okay then. Goodnight, Zee." he said kissing his brother's forehead. "If you think you want to talk to me I am just a few steps away, yeah? I love you."