Ĕ̈L̆̈Ĕ̈V̆̈Ĕ̈N̆̈✨

Zayn was walking to the canteen when he bumped into someone.

"Oh shit! Sorry"

"No, I am sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going to"

Zayn looked up to see a guy with messy curly hair, and a pair of grey eyes looking at him with a shy and apologetic smile.

"Are you new here?"

"Yeah. Is it obvious?"

"Kinda. You look kinda confused and shy. I am Zayn."

"Hi, I am Ian. Ian Nelson." Ian said as he held his hand out for Zayn to shake.

"Nice to meet you" Zayn said as he accepted the handshake.

"Umm can you show me the way to the canteen?"

"Sure. I am heading there too." Zayn nodded to Ian to follow him.

Liam was in the canteen with his team when he heard that familiar laugh and felt his lips quirk up. He turned his head searching for the person who that laughed belonged to and his smile grew wider when he saw him but fell at the same moment and it was replaced with a frown when he saw his Zayn with some other guy who he was seeing for the first time.

He felt a strange feeling in his chest. A deep sinking feeling, when he saw that nameless guy lean in and whisper something to Zayn making him blush. He fisted his hand and excused himself from his friends and went.

He shouldn't feel that right? Zayn was just a friend just like Harry and Niall.

He shouldn't be jealous.

Was he being jealous?

He didn't know what he felt when he saw Zayn with that nameless guy but whatever it was he wishes he never feels that again.

Zayn got to the library after class to see Liam already at their usual table, his leg bouncing up and down as he looked at a paper in front of him.

"Are you okay?" Zayn asked, setting his backpack down and sitting down across from him. He glanced up at him.

"Yeah. Nervous." Liam muttered looking deeply at Zayn.

"Getting yourself all worked up over it isn't going to do you any good" Zayn said, making Liam look up at him. "Just relax. I promise you're going to do great
tomorrow, okay?" Zayn finished.

"Yeah, okay" he nodded, softly smiling. Zayn handed
him the first practice exam he had made and continued reading while he worked.

"Who was that guy?" Liam couldn't stop himself from asking Zayn.

Zayn halted and  looked up at Liam confused.

"Which guy?"

"The one you were with. At the canteen. The one who was making you laugh"

Zayn frowned confused for a few seconds then he realized.

"That was Ian. He is a newbie. I was showing him where the canteen is" Zayn started off excited but the excitement soon went away when he saw Liam gave him a subtle glare.

He looked down at his book and felt himself squirming under Liam's gaze. Soon Liam went back to the papers Zayn slid to him. The rest of the study session Zayn didn't looked up at Liam.

By the time he had to leave for practice, Liam was a
lot calmer.

"I think I might actually do okay tomorrow." he said
as Zayn locked the library.

"There you go, that's the spirit." Zayn said, smiling as he pocketed the key and turned around to face him.

Liam smirked at him as we walked down the hall together like usual.