Chapter 7: Boss Battle! Yamada

Start from the beginning

The three of you nodded in unison before starting to make way across the uncomfortably creaky walkway across the sinkhole. Beyond the sinkhole the site was more of the same, trash scattered around a dusty and dirty lot filled with pallets and construction equipment. Nestled against the side of the building was the elevator.

The girls made a beeline for the elevator lift, but before you joined them Something caught the corner of your eye

The girls made a beeline for the elevator lift, but before you joined them Something caught the corner of your eye. It was like a small voice in the back of your head was telling you to look up, some primal instinct demanding you obey and investigate further.

Following this gut drive you looked around, eyes soon settling on another of those ugly statues you've seen scattered around town. This one was sitting atop the corner wall of a partially built brick wall, it's stone visage looking down at the worksite like the worlds ugliest gargoyle. Eyes narrowed you stalked over and glared up at it. From there place in the elevator your friends looked on in confusion as from their perspective you just stopped for no reason.

Kyoko: Everything okay Y/n?

Y/n: There's another for those statues.

Misako: So?

Y/n: It must be destroyed.

Kyoko: It does?

Misako: No it really doesn't.

Y/n: It offends me with its existence.

Kyoko: I get it's ugly but that's kind of an overreaction

Misako: Come on Y/n, we're supposed to be beating up magic boy not wasting time complaining about the construction company's crappy taste in decor.

Y/n: It will die!

You ignored Misako's facepalm and Kyoko's questioning look as you began searching for some means to break the offensive thing. Your eyes narrowed in determination as you spotted a crate sitting not too far away from the wall. Getting up next to it you rolled up your sleeves and pushed!

.

. .

Nothing happened as you huffed and puffed, straining every muscle in your noodle arms to try and push it closer to the wall. Your foot moved before the box did, sending you slipping off your feet.

Your knee stung as it hit the ground. Grumbling you pulled a disinfectant wipe form your bag and fervently cleaned the dirt from your skin before standing up. Glaring at the cursed thing you took ten steps away, then pivoted on your heel and charged at the crate. Using your momentum you tackled it, back hitting it as your legs flailed against the earth in a vain attempt to move the damned thing.

Kyoko: This is kinda painful to watch. Should we help?

Misako: No She'll tire herself out soon

After a minute your exhausted body slumped against the crate, chest panting as you utterly failed. Knowing this wouldn't work You looked around for another means to shatter the statue.