SEQUEL - Chapter 43

Start from the beginning

"What about breakfast?" He wondered, while Joanna pulled Max's shirt, she had been wearing to sleep over her head leaving her naked back turned to him.

"You should sleep some more. We can eat breakfast together when I come back?" Joanna offered while she struggled with closing her bra, but the sound of rustling blanket followed by a few steps announced Max, who swatted her hands away before closing the bra.

"Thanks." Joanna muttered, looking over her shoulder shortly, before she felt Max's hands on her hips, which gently gave her directions to turn her around.

"What's going on?" He wondered, looking down at Joanna, whose hands moved without her ordering them to do so, only to rest against Max's chest, before she allowed her head to fall forward so her head was resting against his collarbone.

"It just feels so real now." She muttered. It wouldn't take much longer. Two weeks max and Joanna wasn't sure if she would be ready to be a mum in two weeks, it wasn't enough time. She still felt like she had to learn so much before going down that path.

"I already wondered why you stopped complaining about being pregnant." Max said with a soft smile. "It will be fine. We have all the time in the world to figure it out. We just have to remember to feed a third person, it can't be that hard."

"Sounds easy when you say it like that." She muttered against his collarbone. But the Austrian wasn't sure that it would be quiet so easy.

"Get dressed. We will go see Patrick together." Max told her, before hugging Joanna once more and pressing a kiss on top of her head, before he stepped away to get himself a pair of jeans, t-shirt and sweat jacket. Nodding once while watching Max pull cloths from the wardrobe, Joanna got dressed and ready for the day as well.

As usually Max was done before her, so he had moved into the living room, sitting on the couch and checking something on his phone as Joanna finally joined him.

"What's that?" She wondered, pointing at the huge cardboard box standing on the coffee table, causing Max to put his phone away and smiling at her while he got up and moved to cut the box open.

"It's a present from Christian and the team. They organised a little baby party of what these things are called." Max told her which caused Joanna to give him a surprised look.

She hadn't wanted a baby shower, that they had to turn up to Victoria's was bad enough, especially because Max's sister had no reservations of posting her whole life online. And so also a picture of Joanna leaning against Max's chest, his arms around her baby belly, while Joanna looked up at Max, smiling gently, while he looked at something not too far away from them. It was a simple picture of her brother and soon-to-be sister-in-law, but social media had turned wild, reposting, liking and commenting as never before. Joanna suspected that Victoria got some new followers that night, but she also knew that that wasn't her intention. She simply didn't seem to have thought of it too much before posting the picture as well. After all, this was her baby shower, she finally wanted a moment in the spotlight which she destroyed for herself again by posting her very famous brother and his even more famous fiancée, who's engagement ring simmered in the light causing people to notice the unfamiliar ring on Joanna's hand right away. After that incident, Max and she decided that they won't have a baby party.

"That's very thoughtful of them. I feel like we really need to extend an invite to them all after the baby is born." Joanna said while opening the box.

"We invited them to our wedding." Max pointed out and yes, they did, which will be interesting for sure. Half the paddock will be present for their spring wedding before they would fly out to Australia, but she felt like Red Bull was having they're back a bit more than Mercedes ever could and even though she knew they shouldn't sympathise with one team over the other, Joanna would make sure to send out invites for a barbeque or something soon.