Chapter 9 - Dumb And Dumber

A/N: A bit of a break from our loverbois for this chap~

.

'... and then he was like let's go out tomorrow, but I'm just here like WHAT DOES HE MEAN by let's go out, like is it a date or he just means it as friends?? Gosh, he always just means it as friends. What if the universe doesn't want us to be together? This is so frustrating!!'

The other just hummed as Seungkwan kept rambling about his existential crisis which was apparently about how Hansol gives him mixed signs all the time and he just couldn't decide whether he wants to be more than friends or not. Because Seungkwan definitely wanted to be more than friends, but he didn't want to attack the younger with his feelings when he doesn't know how Hansol feels.

The two guards were roaming around in a forest by the way, on a mission Prince Seungcheol sent them. On their own will they would've never stepped into the forest, but it was the prince's command, so they had no other choice.

'Do you think we will actually find Prince Seungcheol's dream man here?' asked the other guard, nudging his horse with the soles of his boots. Seungkwan held the reins tighter. As he kept on talking, he successfully forgot where they are and what's their mission.

'W-Well, he didn't find him anywhere else in the kingdom' he said unsure. The other's horse trotted a bit faster so he nudged his horse too to catch up to him. 'Soonyoung hyung!'

'Hm?'

'He said that the man had long blonde hair?'

'Yeah. And that he was graceful and pretty. We should recognize him when we see him.'

'I think I met him before' said Seungkwan. The other, Soonyoung looked at him in interest.

'Really?'

'Yeah! We met at the bakery. He said he is not from the kingdom. I never would've thought the prince has a thing for pretty boys but I guess they would look good together' said the younger. Soonyoung hummed again.

'Don't you know his name by any chance?'

'He introduced himself... But I don't remember correctly. Jeong... Jeongin. Jeongguk? Or Jeongchan? Jeongcheol? I can't remember' pushed his bangs out of his forehead Seungkwan.

'Well, whatever his name is I'm pretty sure he doesn't live in a place like this' said Soonyoung. 'I mean look around! This forest is fucking creepy. I don't want to imagine what could hide in the darkness' he added, his eyes focusing on the shadows of the forest. Seungkwan nodded in agreement.

Little did they know, they were actually pretty close to Jeonghan's castle right then since with every step they just got closer and closer to the magical wall that disguised the castle. But someone definitely knew that intruders were nearing the place. Since Gothel was out for the day, she made sure to protect the castle much more than she usually does.

'Prince Seungcheol must be desperate if he even sends us to a place like this to find that man' said Seungkwan.

'Was he really that stunning?' asked Soonyoung curiously.

'If we are talking about the same person then yeah. Not my type of stunning but still. The kind of guy who's appearance makes everyone turn after him' explained Seungkwan.

'Of course, your type of stunning is definitely Hansol' laughed Soonyoung, making Seungkwan gasp and blush.

'Leave me alone' he mumbled.

As Soonyoung was about to continue teasing him, suddenly Seungkwan flinched.

'D-Did you hear that?' he asked. Soonyoung listened but then shook his head. Then the noise was heard again, this time from closer. 'And that?? You can't tell me you didn't hear that!!' screeched Seungkwan.

'I heard it now' said Soonyoung, then chuckled. 'It's nothing, Kwannie. It just sounds like if something was following us...' Then his eyes widened at his own words.

Suddenly a loud roar was heard and the two boys saw huge flames towering in their direction. Both of them screamed loudly and nudged their horses with their boots, even though they didn't need that since the horses neighed and already started gallopping away from whatever the thing was.

'DRAGON!! DRAGON!!!' shouted Seungkwan as the two of them disappeared between the trees, galloping back towards the village.

The flames went out as fast as they appeared.

.

Hansol was standing by the bakery's window, putting the fresh pastries out to the display table. He stared outside to the street with a bored look. He wished he could just go out like everyone else his age. He didn't want to spend his whole life working in the bakery of his parents.

Speaking of, his moms were standing in the doorway, gossiping with a lady. Well, Hansol only assumed it was a lady from her voice since she was wearing a long cape all over herself. He could still see a bit of her face. She had a long nose and grayish hair. Even though it was and everyday thing for trespassers to wear long capes, Hansol still found the woman creepy.

He turned back to the pastries and grabbed a small box to save some of the cookies for Seungkwan for when they are meeting later. The two had a habit of meeting after Hansol was done in the bakery and Seungkwan finished his shift in the castle.

Hansol smiled at the thought of Seungkwan. He always enjoyed the friendly dates they had, but he didn't want to address them as dates in front of Seungkwan since he wasn't entirely sure if the older would've liked that. He really wished he did too because he had the biggest crush on the young palace guard, but since they were always close, it was hard to tell whether Seungkwan wants more too or it's just him.

Speaking of the devil, suddenly loud shouting disturbed the sounds of the street. Hansol wiped his hands in his apron and stepped out to the street curiously, only to see Seungkwan and another royal guard gallop towards the castle through the street on their horses while yelling DRAGON, DRAGON!!

'What is this boy up to now?' chuckled Hansol's Mom, stepping next to him, staring after Seungkwan. Hansol grimaced.

'I don't know him' he said bluntly, making the woman laugh.

'Oh, okay, you definitely didn't know him for 10 years and had a crush on him for at least 5-'

'MOM!' gasped Hansol blushing madly.

'I'm just saying. You should make a move' suggested his Mom as they walked back to the shop.

'I'm trying to ask him out, I just don't know how' he mumbled.

'Don't worry love, you have all the time in the world because seeing the stunts these boys pull every day I'm positive nobody else wants to' spoke up his other mother as she got the freshly baked bread from the oven.

'Mama! That was rude!' laughed Hansol loudly.

He smiled watching as his Mom kissed his Mama on the cheek. He wished him and Seungkwan were so in love like that too.

Maybe one day...

.

A/N 2.0 (rant): Anyone here likes IVE? I didn't have time to listen to their album yet but I listened to it now while writing this chapter. What's your favorite from the album? I AM, Lips and NOT YOUR GIRL are so awesome!

Also KEP1ER's comeback was so good too! I really liked Giddy even when it was only the teaser, but the song and the MV turned out so cool too! Also, Back To The City and Happy Ending are my favorites from the EP.

Aaaand of course, SVT comeback soon! I'm so excited ^^ They just dropped the first teaser images while I was writing and aaaajdjbfbfjdsfjdsbdssbjkdbjkdj now I'm hyperventilating!! They look so handsome, the pictures are so beautiful!!!

Okay, that's it, see you in the next part! :DD