Chapter 7 - The Queen

A/N: SEVENTEEN and KEP1ER and LE SSERAFIM and IVE all doing a comeback in the span of a few weeks how tf am I going to survive this?? Also I never knew I needed a comeback called Fuck My Life from SVT but my emo self is really looking forward to this ~~~

ANYWAYS, here's a new chapter where we can finally get to know the mystery boy... please act surprised lmao

.

The black haired male was walking through the castle garden with a concerned face. The sun was already setting, lighting up the garden and the castle in warm orange light.

He went back to the apple garden and even searched through the whole village, but he couldn't find the beautiful blonde man he met earlier, even though his mother asked him to find him as she wanted to thank him for saving Mingyu. The man sighed frustratedly.

Suddenly something flew over his head, avoiding his face just by centimeters which snapped him out of his trance. He gasped when he realized that it was an arrow that was shot from a bow. He stepped to the bush where the arrow got stuck and pulled it out, making a few leaves fall off the bush in the process. He turned in the direction where it came from and peeked out from between the other bushes.

'I didn't know you're outside' he smiled at the 12 years old kid who was standing in front of him. The boy, who's black hair was just like his, but was a bit shorter than an average 12 year-old, looked up at him with sparkly eyes and a small bow in his hand.

'Did you see that hyung?? It was almost bull's eye!'

'Uh, was I your target, Jihoonie?' smiled the man apologetically, signaling that his shot was far from perfect. The child frowned as he accepted the arrow he handed to him.

'I still don't know how to aim' he mumbled and pouted.

'You're getting better day by day!' assured him the other and ruffled his hair. 'I need to talk to Mom now, but how about practicing together after that?' he offered. Jihoon's eyes lit up.

'Really?!'

'Of course!' chuckled the other.

'Okay! I'll be here!' said Jihoon excitedly. The man turned around to go towards the castle. 'Umm, Cheol hyung?' spoke up the kid again. He turned back to face him.

'Yes?' he asked. Jihoon avoided his eyes. He suddenly felt shy.

'Um, nothing. Just... glad you're my brother' he mumbled before running away. The man smiled to himself. The oldest of his younger brothers wasn't really good at expressing his feelings so he really cherished moments like this.

He turned back and went towards the gates where the gatekeepers both bowed to him. He nodded to them, his mind once again wandering back to the beautiful man he met. He didn't even get his name.

As he was about to enter the castle he almost crashed into someone who was rushing outside.

'Oh! I'm sorry!' apologized the other boy, then gasped seeing who he ran into and started bowing several times. 'I'm sorry! Your Highness! I mean! Your Highness Prince Seungcheol! Prince Seungcheol hyung!' he stuttered. The man - now known as Prince Seungcheol - chuckled.

'I told you already that just Seungcheol hyung is fine, Seungkwan-ssi' he smiled at the youngest guard in the castle. 'You're not that much younger than me, and also, Soonyoung's friends are my friends too' he added. The strawberry blonde boy looked up at him awkwardly. 'Where are you rushing?' asked Seungcheol curiously.

'Uh... my shift ended and... I'm... meeting someone, I guess?' said Seungkwan, his cheeks turning pink.

'Well then, don't make them wait' said Seungcheol cheerfully and let Seungkwan out. The younger bowed again and walked past him, carefully closing the door behind himself.

Seungcheol continued his way inside towards the throne room. He passed by several guards and servants until he reached said room and went towards the throne where his mother was seated. The woman had the same black hair as her son which was nicely combed, wore a long dress and a crown on her head. She smiled seeing Seungcheol arrive.

'So?' she asked curiously. Seungcheol just shook his head with a sigh.

'I couldn't find him. I searched the whole village and the garden' he said.

'What a shame. I really wanted to thank him for saving my Mingyu' smiled the queen thinking about her youngest sons. 'How could he disappear just like that?' she wondered.

'I have no idea. But I'm sure he is not from the kingdom' said Seungcheol. The queen furrowed her nicely drawn eyebrows.

'He might be Key's spy, you know.'

'If he was, why would've he saved Mingyu?' questioned back Seungcheol. The woman nodded. Fair point. 'And he didn't even know who Key is or where Shawol Kingdom is' added the boy.

'Well, if you see him again, I'd like to talk to him' said his mother. Seungcheol nodded.

'Queen Taeyeon' spoke up a voice. One of the young guards who was also Seungcheol's friend was standing in front of the throne. He bowed. 'There's no sign of Shawol's spies, Your Highness.'

'Thank you' nodded Taeyeon. The guard bowed again. Seungcheol gestured to him to meet him later to which he nodded in response and left. The prince looked at his mother. He remembered of his conversation with the blonde man.

'Mother' he spoke slowly. 'Why do you and Key hate each other so much?' he asked.

'I've told you many times, Seungcheol' said the queen. 'He believes I did something horrible to him in the past.'

'But you told me you didn't! Why don't you two just... talk it out?' he asked unsure. Taeyeon gave him a strict glare, silencing him immediately.

'Son, when you're older, you will understand. This is not something to just talk out. I hope you will be responsible when you take over the throne as you are the heir. One day it might be you who has to defeat Key or his descendants.'

Seungcheol hummed and bowed.

'Yes, Mother' he sighed. Taeyeon nodded, signaling that the prince is free to leave.

As Seungcheol left the throne room, he heard whispers from the hallway.

'C'mon Minnie, you're the oldest! You ask him!'

'But Hao is the bravest!'

'But Gyu is the tallest!'

'That makes no sense!'

'What are you guys arguing about?' chuckled Seungcheol when he turned the corner and crouched down to his 5 year-old brothers. Seokmin, Minghao and Mingyu all stopped fighting and turned to him.

'Umm... about who's gonna ask you...' fidgeted with his fingers Mingyu.

'When are you meeting the pretty Mister again??' asked Seokmin with an excited grin, standing on his tiptoes.

'The pretty Mister?' giggled Seungcheol, even though he knew pretty well who they are talking about.

'Yep! The beautiful boy with the pretty long hair!' clapped his hands Minghao.

'Soon. I'll meet him soon again' smiled at them Seungcheol.

He was determined to find the man again.