“We best get going…” 

“Oh no, you're staying the night” Tech interrupted Jesse who frowned, tucking a sick looking Kix under his arm. The medic shivered in his embrace, Fives grabbed a spare blanket and wrapped it around his shoulders. 

“That’s a kind offer son but…” 

“No, you are staying for tea and will sleep in Echo’s old room” Crosshair spoke up, he glared at the two. Kix could only nod while Jesse sighed, he pressed his lips to Kix’s head before jogging out to grab the medical bag from the car as well as Kix’s nausea medication. 

Hours later…

Kix smiled down at his lap where Naomi and Colton sat against his chest, the two had been watching the movie with so much excitement that they had fallen asleep. He had taken his nausea pills as he leaned back into the legs of his husband. Jesse was sound asleep on the sofa with Omega sprawled across his lap. 

Beside him was Tech, Echo and their sleeping daughter. The troublesome three, in other words Hunter, Crosshair and Fives were on the other sofa curled up around the marksman who slept soundly. 

"You alright?" 

A soft voice had him looking up, Kix connected eyes with Wrecker who helped lie the kids down in their pop up crib. Kix made his way to his feet as he followed the builder onto the porch. 

"I'm good, thanks" 

Wrecker nodded knowing the doctor definitely needed fresh air. 

"So, is it true?" 

"Is what true?" Kix turned to look at Wrecker with a raised eyebrow. 

"That you’re dying?" Wrecker murmured. 

"Yes and yes that I carry suicide pills on me" Kix answered the silent question amongst the small message. Wrecker could only nod. He then slung an arm around the medic. 

"I understand, I do. I used to use drugs in the past. Not my proudest moments but, if you ever need to talk let me know. Despite our age differences, I know parts of what you might or may be feeling" Wrecker whispered, Kix could only nod welcoming in the warmth until he pulled away. 

"Thanks Wrecker, now tell me when are you going to introduce your family to your girlfriend" 

Wrecker looked in shock at the medic, "How did you know?". Kix could only chuckle, "I've worked with her, she was in the Black Sun's and texts me all the time about some strong man…." 

"Really?" 

"No she's my daughter" Kix bluntly said, wearing a smile on his face. Wrecker could only grin, "I'm sorry if I'm a disappointment…" Wrecker teased, only earning himself a slap. 

"Enough of that. I know she will be safe and I don't have to worry about her as you are perfectly capable of looking after her. All I ask is give her time, now and then as she will just explode but all she needs is time" Kix explained, patting the giant's shoulder just as someone knocked on the front door. Wrecker smirked, walking off to answer it only to gasp at the woman standing opposite him. Kix grinned as she stepped in and hugged him before Wrecker and her went upstairs. 

With a smile, Kix headed into the living room turning off the lights and TV. He left a note on the bench, grabbing a small bag, he left the house and headed for Jesse's car. Climbing behind the wheel, he smirked as he headed for one place and that could only be one area.

As the Sun rose…

Fives actually groaned, feeling his back pop as he stretched, taking notice of the room, he blinked not missing anyone until he noticed the lack of a certain medic. Whispers around the kitchen had his head turning to see none other than Gregor and Thorn, the two making some breakfast or as Gregor calls it, Big Plates Breakie.