4

In No Man's Land, a barren expanse unfurls,Where silence echoes and uncertainty swirls

Where silence echoes and uncertainty swirls.
No allegiance, no boundaries, just empty space,
A haunting reminder of war's relentless pace.
Yet hope persists, bridging the gap with grace.

"You don't understand. Me gonads, you ovaries!" Let out a very frustrated George as the group gets out of the car. This has been going on since they woke up.

"Oh, that reminds me, we're out of tampons," Izzie said.

"Izzie, you're parading through the bathroom in your underwear when I'm naked in the shower."

"Can you add it to your list, please? Tampons." The tall girl replied, ignoring what George said.

"It's to the list, it's your turn," Meredith explained as they walk towards the entrance. It was still dark outside.

"I am a man!" George exclaimed.

"I get that you feel weird about Izzie walking in when you shower. But, what is your problem with buying tampons? It's normal to buy them." Amory said.

"I don't buy girl products. I don't want you walking in while I'm showering, and I don't want to see you in your underwear."

"It doesn't bother me, okay? Look at me in my underwear George, take your time. It's no big deal."

"It's the same as a bikini, George," The other blonde said patting his back.

~~~~~~

"You are the first person they see in the morning. You say please, you say thank you, you apologize for waking them up. You make them feel good about you." Dr. Bailey told the interns while they were changing into their scrubs in the locker room. "Why is that important? Because they'll tell you what's wrong. Why is that important? Because then you can tell your attending what they need to know during rounds." Amory closed her locker and put her hair in a ponytail. "And why is that important? Because if you make your resident look bad, she'll torture you until you beg for your mama. Now get out there, I want pre-rounds done by five thirty a.m."

"I better get good patients today. Yesterday I had two guys with colostomies who needed dressing changes every fifteen minutes." Meredith said after Bailey had left.

"Well, I had a guy who kept calling me a nurse, despite multiple people calling me a doctor," Amory complained.

"I'm gonna be in surgery. Today is my day." Cristina said, looking into the distance.

"On what?" Meredith asked.

"Yeah, on what?" The blonde repeated.

"Like I'd tell you. I was here at four and you didn't get here until four thirty."

"Why won't you tell us?" The dirty blonde insisted.

"I'm not the intern who's screwing an attending.

"Hey, I'm not either. So, you could tell me." Amory says.