Chapter:- 56

Writer's POV

"One more push, Avni, I can see baby's head." A senior doctor, Anita says encouraging Avni.

Her skin glowing with redness surrounding her face as sweats peppers on her skin.

"You can do it, baby! Yes!" Neil soothingly whispers as she tightly clutches his left hand while with other he slides through her hairs.

"Mummaaaaaa..." Avni screams as nurses help doctor.

The loud shriek cry of a baby fills inside the room making Neil smile and sigh as he casted a small peck on his wife's forehead murmuring a 'thankyou' meanwhile Avni threw her head back in exhaustion.

"Here...here, and...we have champ. Congratulations, Mr. & Mrs. Khanna, it's a baby boy." The doctor informs making Avni smile but her smile didn't lasted because the other baby is eager to come out.

"Aaaaaahhhhh---"

"Seems like other wants to join you, champ." Doctor mumbles smilingly and passing the child to a nurse to clean.

After four-five pushes, and lots of encouragement; Avni give birth to a baby girl whose loud cry made every family members joy in wholesome.

Avni couldn't make it, and fall unconscious because of exhaustion whilst Neil cut the umbilical cord of the babies and engulfs them in his warmness giving them skin to skin contact after nurse cleaned both of them.

Neil soberly watches his kids then to his unconscious wife who is getting cleaned and murmurs a 'I love you' to all three of them as he kissed his babies who fall asleep cuddling in their father's arms.

.

.

.

After an hour, family members finally enter inside Avni's ward to witness both the parents holding the new lives, cooing them.

"OH MY GOD!" Advik squeals in excitement trying to hold the babies but Avni interrupted him.

"Shuu! Wait." Avni stop her brother making him pout as he made weird faces to which the babygirl see with wide apple eyes in astonishment like as if she is watching a alien.

"They look so pretty." Shweta mumbles with a wide smile.

"Indeed." Prakash joins her.

"Mom!" Avni call Shweta, "Here...hold her." Shweta was standing beside Avni the very next moment ready to take the baby, "Our Heer is back." Her words flip the hearts of Khanna family as Neil snaps his head towards his wife.

Neil's face was blank but her words did wonders inside his heart. How did she knows? Neil always wanted to name his daughter Heer but he never ever vocalised his wish.

"Wh--what?" Shweta gently take the newborn in her arms with tears brimming in her eyes.

Avni sweetly smiled at everyone with tired eyes, "I named her after her Aunt, Heer Neil Khanna."

"She is so beautiful, just like Heer." Prakash says wiping a lone tears as Avni gestures Neil to give her the their baby boy.

"Dad...here." Avni pass the him to Prakash who smiled widely.

"God! I can't believe, I am promoted to the rank of grandfather now. Thankyou, Avni." Avni just smiles in return and leans on her husband's torso who is standing beside her.

"Haven't you thought the name for the boy?" Natasha asks as she flicks her nephew's soft cheek whilst Armaan was beside his mother, admiring Heer.

"I did." Avni smiles looking at Nat.