Chapter 33: Thousand Strong

The wave of SWAT operatives rippled outwards from the epicenter like a virulent contagion, yet this affliction was no plague, for it sought out the rectification of injustice, the scouring of the anarchic destruction unchained that had infested the metropolis. Their firearms were to be used only as a last resort, for they were directed to show restraint. However, should they confront any individual audacious enough to menace their existence, they were to act with caution and a decisive force, as decreed by Ranesk.

Guided by Ranesk's leadership, they adopted a cautious but resolute demeanor in their quest to sweep aside any obstacle in their path. No edifice was to be overlooked, as they meticulously combed through every dwelling, every eatery, leaving no stone unturned. The outburst of the inferno that had consumed the illustrious metropolis only fueled their collective ire, and those unfortunate enough to find themselves ensnared by their vigilant gaze were unceremoniously flung to the ground, a visceral expression of the SWAT operatives' seething indignation at witnessing the once-thriving city reduced to ashes. Any individual who dared to raise their weapons against them all met a bloody end. All the while armored vehicles followed closely behind the advance. A force guided by a single Astartes proved to be quite a sight.

On the other front, the Valorant agents who marshaled a sizable force of their own, half a thousand strong , with a markedly more temperate attitude towards their mission. Their efforts were concentrated on appraising the looters they encountered, executing a measured yet scrupulous search, before taking them into custody. Unlike Ranesk's troops, who subjected every structure to their relentless scrutiny, the Valorant agents opted to bypass certain edifices, dismissing them as unworthy of their time and resources.

The command was divided between the agents, with Neon, Jett and Reyna leading the west, and Breach and Sova leading the North. Those under the command of Reyna and Neon chose quick and lethal advances, catching the rioters off guard, the armored vehicles they had were used as frontline breakthrough vehicles, SWAT operatives would flood from the vehicles as soon as they cornered a chunk of the rioters.

In contrast, the troops operating under the guidance of Breach and Sova embraced an unyielding and uncompromising approach, epitomized by their signature "shock and awe" tactics. Breach's formidable arms, capable of inducing seismic waves and uprooting the very earth beneath their feet, was a spectacle to behold. Meanwhile, Sova's impressive archery skills along with his specialized arrows provided by Kingdom themselves provided invaluable reconnaissance and intelligence, enabling the agents to assess the level of danger in their immediate vicinity and proceed accordingly. Together, they formed a formidable force, methodically clearing the path ahead and ensuring the safety of their operatives in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds.

—-------------------------------

Task Force Ranesk

The man pleaded desperately with a thick accent, 'No! Please! I swear I didn't steal anything!'

But the officers were having none of it. "We've heard that one before. Get down on the ground!" They swiftly brought him to the pavement with force.

Meanwhile, their fellow operatives fanned out across the surrounding buildings, relentlessly pursuing any ne'er-do-wells they could find. At each turn, they apprehended dozens of lawbreakers, catching some in the act of looting or burglary. The streets would be cleansed of criminal filth, one way or another.

Ranesk's gaze flicked dismissively over the cowed figures of the captured criminals, his imposing armor and helm radiating a palpable sense of command that left the miscreants quaking in their boots. With a brief nod to his fellow officers, he directed his attention to the ongoing efforts to secure the area. The captured rioters, now bound and helpless, were slated to be carted off to the nearby SWAT headquarters for booking and processing, given that the city's police precincts had all been razed to the ground amidst the bedlam of the chaos.