Changes

The meaning of anxiety. a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease about something with an uncertain outcome. That is all I have been feeling lately. As if I'm watching a scary movie and I'm just waiting for the jump scare, the character nears the corner, the music gets higher. I'm gripping the edge of my seat yet nothing is happening but I know it's coming.

"It's good to have you back again" Zendaya said as I got into her car to head to the office. "I hope the time off did you some good, I sure as hell know I need some" she joked.

After the visit with Hector, I took stress leave. I did not ask this from Ariana because I knew it would be an instant no so... I went to Miss Gadot about it and she was more than supportive. I just wonder how going back today is going to play out.

I rubbed the back of my neck, feeling the slight sweat there, that was caused by the thought of coming face to face with Ariana again.

"Earth to Y/n hello" Zendaya snapped her fingers in from of me. "Are you okay, you haven't been acting like you for months now".

I didn't know what to say. Zendaya was right, I haven't been acting like myself. I'm getting so paranoid I don't even know if I can trust her anymore. After that thought I heard Hector words saying how once Ariana comes into your life. No one around you can be trusted anymore. I looked over at Zendaya. I was in disbelief at Hector's words that stayed in my head ever since they left his mouth. I've known Zendaya since the beginning of time. We first met in High school.

"Maybe you just need to get back to work, that'll probably help you feel normal again" she looked straight ahead, keeping her eyes on the road with a smile on her face.

"I think I might need to find another job" I finally spoke. I could see her smile flatten a little. Which I found strange because I knew at the beginning she only wanted me temporary in the job.

"Don't be silly Y/n, you're in a position that some people dream to be in" she laughed "and it was handed to you. In my eyes you should feel lucky that Ariana gave you your job" I didn't respond to what she had said. I knew deep down it was going to be hard to leave. I could hear Ariana's voice in my head now telling me about how she'll ruin me if I leave.

I'm stuck. There's no way out. The only was is through.

I have still yet to meet the face of Ariana still. I was relieved when I found out she was away for the entire day when I got to the office. My temporary ease has now gone now that I am at the steps of the gala we all have to attend. Knowing the woman that I have a scared, hate and fascination with will be there.

"Nervous" a voice snapped me out of my thoughts as I was staring at the building. I looked my left to see miss Gadot.

"Very" I swallowed. She has a very very dark aura about her. It's as if she knows everything about everyone.

"Why don't I walk in with you, I mean I didn't have the time to find someone to bring, I know it may not look like it but I'm a bit nervous too" she gave me a small smile and held out her hand.

I brought my arm out for her to wrap her arm around and we walked in together.

"I've noticed that the office isn't the same without you there. It is good to have you back" she complimented.

"Thank you Miss Gadot it's just things haven't been the best for me lately so, I really do appreciate you helping me out" two men opened the doors for us as we entered the gala. Beautiful classical music instantly entered my ears.

"I know we hardly know each other but I do want to let eyou, that I am here if you need it". It felt like she meant it. It felt nice to actually hear those words come from the lips of another.

"Thank you Miss Gadot" she chuckled straight away.

"Please" she smiled "call me Gal".

I smiled back "my apologies Gal".

"Well well" Zendaya walked up to the both of us "I see you two are properly getting to know each other".

"Indeed we are" I smiled at Zendaya.

Zendaya furrowed her eyebrows "that reminds me" she started "would you be helpful and help me pass out some of the drinks" she gave me a funny look that I couldn't describe, it almost looked as if she was jealous that I was talking to Gal "We're short on some staff tonight".

"I'll get to it" I said and went to move but Gals hand that was around my arm tightened.

"You must ask someone else for help" she gave Zendaya a cold gaze "Y/n is with me tonight and you should not be asking the President right hand woman for help, I do believe you were charge of hiring the staff for tonight's event" Gal immediately shut Zendaya down. She went to speak to defend herself but Gal spoke again "not enough staff being here is your error so it is up to you to fix it no one else". She basically shooed Zendaya away after saying that.

"Thank you" I said as soon as Zendaya left, not really knowing why I did. I just felt like I had to thank her.

"There is no need to thank me Y/n" she smiled.

"Ladies and gentlemen may we please get your attention the the main entrance for Miss President Grande" a man from the band that was playing spoke into his microphone.

That was when I turned my head to the main entrance to see Ariana in the lost beautiful black dress. She came in alone but with a huge smile on her face.

"Such a pity" Gal said to me as we both stared at our President.

"What is" I asked.

"She holds all that beauty yet has no one to love".

Sorry for any errors and of course thank you for reading!