Good job

I was calmly laying on my bed with nothing playing on in my mind when I was rudely interrupted by pounding on the door.

"It'll go away" I said to myself before closing my eyes.

"Y/n" I heard Zendaya's voice and I groaned "I know you're in there and you're not calling me back so let me in" she banged again.

"Leave me alone" I shouted and that only made her bang louder to the point where it irritated me "I'm coming".

I opened the door "what's wrong" she followed behind me into my bedroom "Y/n" I fell face first on my bed.

"Madison and I broke up" I heard her scoff.

"I told you she wasn't good for you from the very start" I reminded me once again. "What's this" I could hear her pick up my rent notice from the floor "Christ Y/n you haven't been paying your rent" I done nothing but whine as a response.

"Get up" she pulled me by my arms "why aren't you paying your rent" I done a moany baby face and said.

"Madison always paid it" I whined "plus" I paused and she looked at me sternly to go on "I lost my job a while back".

"What" she said shocked "how long is a while back" she asked.

"Like four months ago" shock was evident on her face.

"How have you been getting by" I looked at her waiting for the penny to drop "Madison" was the first thing she said and I nodded "Y/n you know how I feel about dependency".

"I know" I grabbed my pillow and stuffed my face into it. "She told me that I didn't need it and she liked the fact that I was waiting for her to come back from work" I heard Zendaya sigh.

"That little bitch" she hated Madison but, I didn't blame her "you need to get a job".

"How am I supposed to get a job within three days" I took the pillow from my face "and Madison won't respond to my texts or calls" I fully laid back down on my bed "I miss her so much".

"Well now you know how I feel" she sat down next to me and rubbed my back "hey don't worry" she tried to reassure me.

"Great that'll help me" I said negatively making her laugh.

"Maybe that won't but I will" she said happily.

"How" I sound like such a baby.

"Y/n I'm your best friend, I got your back" she sniffed "but first you need to wash yourself" she pulled me up and pushed me into the bathroom.

"Oh my god Ze I don't know how I can thank you for this" I rubbed my hands nervously as we pulled into the White House.

"Yeah well you better not disappoint Y/n, I swear in this place you have to be very professional" I nodded quickly.

"I won't let you down" I done a little squeal "will I see the President" she snapped her head to me and stopped her car.

"You cannot act like that in here Y/n, if you do they will not hesitate to kick you out faster than a blink of an eye and you will not look at President Grande, speak to President Grande or even acknowledge President Grande do I make myself clear" I done a tight lipped smile and nodded.

"I'll behave".

"Okay so what you'll be doing is this" I tried to stay up with Zendaya's fast walking but I kept bumping into a lot of people, I thought only the president was in the White House. Certainly I was wrong.

"The only job you have is keeping this place on top of its game and by that I mean; making sure that all the computers are running, the printers are stocked, regularly cleaning some offices if they get too dirty" she stopped and I nearly bashed into her "but under no circumstances are you to walk into the Oval Office without my permission first".

"Yes ma'am" she gave me a little smile before continuing saying all the jobs I have to do.

"Good luck" she was about to walk away but came back "please don't mess this up".

Currently everything is running smoothly, I covered the south wing of the house and I'm currently in the East refilling the ink and papers in basically all of the printers. They're lucky I lost my job I thought.

"Oh sorry I didn't know anyone was in here" I nearly dropped the ink.

"Sorry I'll be out right away" I can't believe I'm talking to councilwoman Fox.

"It's no worries" she reassured me "first day" I nodded "here's how you can do that faster" she put her own hands over mine and held the ink fully upside down to the holder "see, just have to get a little confident with it" she laughed.

I laughed along and stared at her, it's so freaky how similar she looks to Madison.

"Y/n" Zendaya came in breaking mine and councilman Fox's staring contest "come with me".

I walked out and she shoved me "no sleeping with the staff even if you are getting over your ex" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I wasn't going to sleep with her" I fought back "it's only my first day" she sighed and rubbed her head.

"Sorry, it's just whenever I'm at work I just want everything to be perfect" she explained.

"Don't worry about it" I chuckled.

"Anyways" she started holding up a set of car keys "you have to clean the Presidents car" she laughed.

I grabbed them from her "you sure you don't think I'm going to rob it" I joked and a serious look came on her face "I'm kidding Ze damn".

I got the sponge all sudsy before wiping it all over the expensive black car. I would love this car, I thought as I was getting all the dirt off of the windscreen.

After twenty minutes of cleaning, I stood back proud of my work. My silence and my admiration was short lived when I heard the door leading into the room open to see non other than the president herself.

"I'm not having this conversation again Frank" she hung up her phone angrily and that's when she saw me.

"Sorry Miss President, I'm just gonna" I awkwardly started.

"What are you doing here" I was taken back that she actually spoke a word to me.

"I was just sent here to clean the car" I pointed nervously at it making her look at it.

She looked back at me "good job" she then took a step closer "what's your name" she asked.

"My name" I stuttered and all she done was wait for a reply "Y/n" I cleared my throat "Y/n Y/l/n".

"Well" she took her keys off of the hook "it's nice to meet you Y/n Y/l/n".

She got in her car and left quicker than I could even get my head around the whole conversation I just had.

"Y/n" Zendaya came in.

"Time to go home also good work today as well".

Sorry for any mistakes! Most importantly thank you for reading.