Chapter XLVIII

"It's nice to make your acquaintance once again, Heir and Heiress Malfoy," Blaise said with an exaggerated bow as he entered the private library of Potter Manor. Hermione only rolled her eyes at him while Draco let out a low rumble.

"Draco," Harry called his attention quickly. He gave him a deep look, "Collect yourself and behave." Draco let out another low grumble before wrapping his arms around Hermione. It was close to another full moon, with October approaching. His wolf was very demanding of Hermione's touch, something she would often appease with kisses.

Harry looked around at his large extended family. They were gathered within the Potter Library for a Clan meeting. It was a Friday, late in September. They were joined by Hades, Persephone, and their Cerberus, which Harry found out was named 'Snuggy' by Persephone. He wasn't going to question the name, not with when Snuffles had been part of his life.

Seamus had been regarding the couple for the past few weeks. He had assisted in their study and research with the information Latous gave them. He was quick to raise the subject, "Is this about what we were told in Meath?" He asked his brother-in-arms. Harry nodded lightly with a small chuckle, "First on the agenda is to update you all about what's been going on with Draco and Hermione."

"At the end of last month, they returned home early because of an incident. Draco now finds himself as a Hybrid. Hermione has fully accepted his new state and everything that it entails. Some of you were already aware of this, and I'm sure that the rest of you know of the only two magical creatures that infect humans."

"Is it safe to assume that you've assisted him during this trying transition?" Serena asked with a questioning look at Harry and Draco. Daphne smiled and nodded lightly, "They also needed help coping with the  enhanced presence being felt by the other."

They went on to reveal the conversations that they shared with Latous, just who and what Latous was, but Seamus knew they didn't tell everything. They had mentioned the 'Ancient King and Queen' bit but left out the names given by the Earth Drake. He gave them a look but was given just the barest shake of a head. Ah, they needed to research more.

Later that day, they were spread throughout the Manor. Harry and Daphne were having a round of love, not bothered that they could be heard from his library office. Hermione decided to distract her husband using the appeals of her own body, something she was ravaged for. Their coupling had been fast, hard, and extremely rough. He spilled himself within her as Ginny yelled throughout the library, "Hurry up before I steal your clothes!"

Draco's growl echoed from the back corner of the library where he had just taken his wife against the many stacks. His body covered hers, not wanting anyone else to see her. "Take them! We'll just go buff!" Harry called from his study, a laugh in his voice. Draco heard Daphne's comment, one that was going to make him look at the furniture warily, "Yes, give me an excuse to take my husband with an audience."

Harry did not like the thought of that. His growl reached through the library as he gave her a searing kiss that she would feel for hours. It was almost four in the afternoon when they gathered outside the library. Even though Hermione was had very intensely less than an hour before, she didn't even have the slightest change in her walk. Draco thought to himself that he would need to change that later. "We should go to a club!" Ginny and Astoria grinned together.

Neville sputtered slightly and cast a glance at his witch. They were to be married during the winter hols, then followed quickly by Blaise and Susan in the spring. "Sure, it gives me a reason to get dressed up for Susan," The dark young man shrugged as he cast a grinning wink at the mentioned witch. She rolled her eyes and looked at the other young women for a moment. Daphne let out a small sigh, "Fine, we'll go out tonight. It's nearly four so we have a few hours to get ready."