Chapter X

A/N: Mature scene at the end of chapter.

============================

As December Twenty-first dawned, those within Potter Manor that would be traveling to the Ministry were having an early breakfast.

Harry was enjoying a cup of strong chamomile, while Daphne sipped on her coffee. Cyrus Greengrass was standing behind his wife, sipping a strong tea himself. Lord Griffith and Lady Rooth Abbott were both drinking coffee, whereas Lady Serena Zabini didn't need a pick-me-up for the early morning.

"Harry," Griffith spoke up, "Just how prepared are you for today?"

Sipping his tea, he smirked, "Prepared enough to walk into today's meeting and rock the foundations of every family."

After a few minutes, the group finished their breakfast and moved to the main sitting room. Iolanthe questioned Harry motherly from the portrait while their Founders gave him a hearty grin and proud nod.

"Dressed as a true Lord and Lady should be," Salazar bowed his head lightly to the young couple, earning a bow and curtsey in return.

A few last-minute given advice was spoken before they entered the fireplace and were spat into the Ministery Atrium.

Harry and Daphne wore robes that were a combination of their house colors. The outside of their robes was a velvet green so deep it almost looked black, while the trim was a deep maroon. The inside of their robes was of the deepest black.

Their presence alone screamed power. Many lower families and Order of Merlin holders averted their eyes and some bowed their heads.

They were seated beside Cryus, as he was to introduce them.

At nine o'clock, Chief Warlock Tiberius Ogden tapped his gavel, "I call the two hundred and seventy-eighth Winter Solstice gathering of the Wizengamot on the twenty-first day of December of the year nineteen hundred and ninety-five."

"Before we address the docket, is there anything that anyone wishes to rise to this august body?"

Cyrus stood, his face proud as he regarded the Chief Warlock, "I wish to raise the appointment of a new Lord and Lady," he stated clearly.

Chief Warlock Ogden nodded, "Who would this be, Lord Greengrass?"

"Harry James Potter and my eldest daughter, his betrothed," Cyrus stated as they stood, their faces neutral.

"Approach the stand," Ogden told them, indicating a raised platform in the middle of the room.

They were the epitome of the meaning behind Lord and Lady. Strength and power seemed to roll from them in waves, yet they looked indifferent. Once they took place on the stand, the Chief Warlock spoke again.

"State the House(s) you wish to claim title over."

"I, Harry James, Lord of House Potter-Black-Greengrass claim the House of Potter, House of Black, House of Peverell, House of Gryffindor, and House of Slytherin, by birthright and by magic. I stake this claim to Magic herself, as I state, mote this be."

The governing body was in an uproar before he finished speaking.

The Chief Warlock was attempting to calm the body down, resorting to a cannon blast from their wand. His efforts were for naught as the atmosphere in the room grew thick and heavy. Magic herself heard his claim, and she would judge him.

The respective family seats began to glow brightly, calling for a test. Having expected this, Harry pulled at his family magic.

A red griffin, emerald basilisk, a golden lion, purple dog, and a white raven soon stood around Harry and Daphne.